Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

mendel parts set hot off my makerbot for sale

Posted by beverageexpert 
mendel parts set hot off my makerbot for sale
March 31, 2010 01:20PM
hello fellow fabbers

My bot has been working nonstop printing mendel parts. I have enough for 2 full sets. I was aiming for 400 a set. With the money I am going to buy parts to make my own mendel. They are printed out of pla natural and white and black abs. Since I have my pla setup working pretty good at the moment all my later sets will be pla. I would rather forgo the ebay fees and just sell it from here. I have a business paypal account if that makes anybody feel better about purchasing. I think there are some sort of protections built in when you use paypal. Ill email pics if interested.

All parts are printed on my makerbot #470 batch 9
some of the abs parts were printed on a heated bed. All the pla pieces look great. They were all printed on foamcore which made them perfectly flat.

shoot me a message if you are interested. IF I don't get any takers they are going on ebay in a few days.

thanks
bryan
Re: mendel parts set hot off my makerbot for sale
April 01, 2010 06:37PM
I figure you guys would like to see a few of the parts. Here is a link to a few pics of the set

[www.flickr.com]

I would prefer to sell to somebody in the states but am not against shipping overseas. Somebody shoot me some offers

thanks
bryan
April 03, 2010 12:57AM
Hmm, the problem is that I might need the parts in a month: right now I'm broke and am pursuing an alternative reprap form, which might not work out in such a way that I'll know in a month. So the offer sounds good, but a month too early.
April 03, 2010 08:14AM
any takers? 1st 1 to message me gets them for 400

thanks
bryan
April 03, 2010 10:16AM
I ran into this also. Looks like the market is flooding with Mendels! I am so excited!

repraplogphase.blogspot.com
April 03, 2010 01:01PM
Stunning!

Hoping to make my own in PLA on my Makerbot - any tips?

Do you heat use the foamcore on the heated bed, or just stick it to the platform?
Any advice on best temperature, feed speed for PLA?

Hope I'm not being too cheeky, but Customs duty on imported parts is horrendous into the UK...

Many thanks in advance!

Sven
April 03, 2010 03:05PM
I will warn you. Be carfull with the Plastruder and PLA. You need to have a supply of PTFE, retainer rings, nichrome, thermistors, and idler wheels until you get your settings perfect. And even then a good burp in the firmware (like a failed print), can kill your extruder.

I found the foam board useless, it's challenging not to dent it. I had the best luck just using blue painters tape on acrylic.

My best sugjestion is to just use ABS, get a 30-40 dollar HBP, print your Mendel and use your PLA using their extruder.

repraplogphase.blogspot.com
April 03, 2010 05:12PM
my extruder is all modular now so rebuilds are a piece of cake. I have a standard ptfe barrel with the makergear heatercore and a thermistor on a ring terminal taped with kapton. I do not have the barrel insulated.Also I am using a bighead nozzle .5 I have not updated my firmware or thermistor table. 1.6 and I have a batch 9 bot. I have been running my temp at 222 which leaves the temp in repg at about 209-214. I have printed close to a full spool of 4042d pla without any problems. Sometimes for close to 15-18 hours. using the foamcore I found I didn't need to jam the barrel into the acrylic that I had been using to get good adhesion. Pla is super sticky you should have no problems with adhesion. I just went to the store and bought a big sheet and cut it myself. I have been using a raft with the pla though. On some pieces I go raftless but for the most part it works better for me on the foamcore. When I printed without a raft I needed to position the z axis just perfect so the pla didnt rise and cause issue with the next layer. As spacexula mentions have backups of your ptfe etc. I have a second barrel setup just for pla. I had major issues before when I played around with pla. Seems for now I have found some voodoo that works with my bot. Pla is a finicky plastic to extrude with your makerbot.

good luck

bryan
April 03, 2010 08:15PM
actually I have had 1 problem twice. The second time happening today. I used hot glue on my idler wheel and it had worked itself out about a week ago. I reglued it and it lasted about a week. Now I have the metal idler wheel from reifsnyderb and it seems to be working just fine now. I forgot to mark it with a sharpie though. Oh well next time I open it up ill do that. Hope this helps
April 29, 2010 11:41AM
Shouldn´t this be in the "plastic parts for sale" -forum too?
I don´t see any non-plastic parts.

-------------------------------------------
* homeprototype free 3d design repository
* Blog
* Google+
April 29, 2010 03:20PM
Shouldn´t this be in the "plastic parts for sale" -forum too?
I don´t see any non-plastic parts.

As long as people say "Please" and "Thank You" once in a while, it's not worth spending our time policing their behavior when they choose to post a wrongish forum. Worthwhile contributions in a wrongish place are still very valuable, and it's extremely important not to alienate the contributor.

Marcus, I've noticed sometimes that you can be completely blunt. If you are trying to gently steer, shift, or influence people's behavior, you may wish to consider using more gentle language and civilities like "please", "thank you", and so on. I also find gentle humor and lots of smilies to be helpful. smiling smiley

Bryan, you're welcome to use the dedicated "plastic parts for sale" forum as well as or indeed instead of this forum. smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2010 03:24PM by SebastienBailard.

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login