Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[US] Almost Complete Kit! - Tough Times, Must Sell My Entire RepRap Project!

Posted by CarsonWelch 
[US] Almost Complete Kit! - Tough Times, Must Sell My Entire RepRap Project!
December 05, 2010 04:01AM
I'm afraid the current economic conditions are forcing me to sell my RepRap Mendel project in hopes of recovering the money I've invested in parts and components. This would be a terrific package for someone who is starting from scratch, as I've done a fair amount of the hard work for you.

The following is everything I have and the price I paid for it:

-Complete Electronics (Generation 3) - $199.00
---1x Motherboard
---1x Extruder Controller
---3x Stepper Controllers
---6x Opto-Endstops
------All necessary wires & cables

-USB->TTL Cable - $26.00

-600w Low Profile Server Power Supply - $60.00

-4x NEMA-17 Motors - 65.00

-All Necessary Hardware - $251.00
---Threaded Rod (All Cut to Size)
---Studding aka High-Precision Ground Rods
---All Fasteners/Nuts/Bolts/etc. + Quite a few extras because of the minimum quantities from McMaster-Carr

-Complete Bearing Set - $27.00

-Thermal Barrier - $13.00

-Thermistor Glass Bead - $3.00

-Frog Plate (4mm Aluminum) - $15.00

-Purge Plate (4mm Aluminum) - $4.00

-Print Bed (6mm Aluminum) - $22.00

-Printed Parts - $135.00
---I estimate I have procured approximately 60% of the printed pieces and have assembled what I can. I can also provide you with my source for these, though you may have something better.

TOTAL COST: $820.00

ASKING PRICE: $700.00

As you can see, my cost was $820 not including shipping costs, and considering that I've done a ton of leg-work for you, I'm hoping to get as much of that $820 back as possible. So your only other expense will be getting the last few printed pieces, which should be very minimal. I currently live in the Portland, OR area in the US, but am willing to ship to anywhere. If you live nearby, I'd be happy to deliver it, or meet you halfway. I can accept all major credit cards via PayPal or Square, or US Money Order.

It would make a terrific holiday gift, and I'm hoping to have everything sold before the end of the year so I can pay bills. sad smiley

If you have any questions, or would like to discuss this further, feel free to contact me at the following info:

Carson Welch
carson.welch@gmail.com
503-367-6476

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2010 11:45PM by CarsonWelch.
Re: Almost Complete Kit! - Tough Times, Must Sell My Entire RepRap Project!
December 06, 2010 11:45PM
UPDATES: I forgot to mention this also includes the necessary Belts.

PRICE DROP: Just cut the price by $120 down to an even $700.00! Get it while it's hot!
Sold? Available? Please update post with status. Thanks!
Re: [US] Almost Complete Kit! - Tough Times, Must Sell My Entire RepRap Project!
January 09, 2011 10:46PM
I emailed him about this and he responded pretty fast--but as soon as I asked for a picture he stopped responding.
If you're selling $700 worth of stuff and can't bother to take a picture of what you're selling, then something's not right.
Re: [US] Almost Complete Kit! - Tough Times, Must Sell My Entire RepRap Project!
January 31, 2011 01:14AM
Hello all,

My appologies for not responding to your email stbtrax, but my gmail account was hacked by some fools from China, and I haven't been able to get it back. sad smiley I was talking with someone named Jacob about buying my set. I'm sorry, but I've lost all of your contact info when I lost my gmail account. If you're still interested, my new email address is as follows: carsonwelch@me.com

Also photos are available here for those that are interested:
[gallery.me.com]

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Carson Welch
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login