Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[RRW] PLA/ABS spools 1KG €16.49

Posted by brupje 
[RRW] PLA/ABS spools 1KG €16.49
May 22, 2012 04:06PM
We had a small delivery of new PLA/ABS today. We now offer small, cute 1KG spools for some colors. Only €16.49/Spool!

[reprapworld.com]

reprapworld.com
PLA, ABS, PETG multiple colors (3 and 1.75 mm) €16,49 / kg
Megatronics 3.0 €79.99 / Minitronics €37,19
Re: [RRW] PLA/ABS spools 1KG €16.49
May 23, 2012 02:57PM
I do not wish to uncover your source but merely would like to know if your PLA is from eSun? I wish to order some white PLA and have tried all of eSun's colours (as of Dec 2011) and white simply is unprintable.
May 23, 2012 05:14PM
yydoctt, why don't you want him to tell about its sources ? If the product is valuable it should be good marketing to tell what brand you are selling.

You could directly buy from a producer (ultimachine or faberdashery for instance) to get sure it's not from esunpla.

Even though I can't talk for rrw (from which I only had good products until now), most of resellers webshops have stuff from esunpla nowadays.

The first clue is they won't tell where it is from smiling smiley

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
May 24, 2012 01:35PM
Problem with china is that everyone is calling themselves eSun, but are in fact totally different companies, so you still don't know who the supplier is. Also china has a bad name for delivering quality, which is partially true, so I have to agree with DeuxVis on that companies who don't tell you who produced it got it from China. I have posted a vid a while back showing my printer print our white PLA. I think that proves it is printable, I use all my filement myself too.

We have a lot of positive feedback for our current stock of PLA/ABS. We have actually tested and sold stock from multiple suppliers and I think the current quality is pretty good when I compare it with other filament suppliers.

reprapworld.com
May 26, 2012 05:50AM
There are also a few real white ABS spools available:
[reprapworld.com]

reprapworld.com
June 02, 2012 07:09AM
Okay in that case would you be willing to name your source?

I know the plastic I got was from eSun, I was in HK at the time and corresponded with them frequently. They are a great company, slightly unreliable but good filament, except for white. The low temperatures required for PLA is great, except for white which will not stick at low temperatures and will cook at 180 degrees, making it a pain. I will probably try a kilo of yours and report back.

Thanks for the response
June 03, 2012 04:53AM
Yes this is eSun stuff. But this eSun did not produce PLA white until february. Also the PLA white will need much higher temperatures than 180 degrees. I am printing at 220 with it, but my thermistor may not be accurate.

reprapworld.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login