Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jet Pla

Posted by plexer 
Jet Pla
March 14, 2013 02:23PM
I've got a 1kg roll of purple and 1kg roll of green bought from jet pla on amazon and cannot get it to work in our reprappro mendels.

The supplier says to have a hot end temp of 210 and bed of 100 but I tried those and it still doesn't work.

If you think it'll work in your machine i'll post you a sample and sell it to you cheap.

Ben
Re: Jet Pla
March 14, 2013 02:35PM
Hi Ben. What kind of problems are you having with it?
March 14, 2013 03:05PM
It will not stick allthough with the bed upwards of 97 degrees c is did stick but is then so soft that head putting down layers next to it tends to collect it all up around the nozzle and makes a mess.

It's a very translucent material and I've not had the problem with the 200m of faberdashery white or the 10 or so metres of space marine blue that I've put through these machines since finishing them a fews weeks ago.

I experimented with the head very close to the bed and slightly further away.

I may have some video I'll have a look.

Thanks.

Ben
March 14, 2013 05:56PM
What are you printing on?
March 16, 2013 09:19AM
Glass bed, Mendel reprappro machine.

Ben
March 16, 2013 09:35AM
You might try printing on blue painters tape. Wipe it with some acetone after putting it on the glass. Try 70c bed temp.
March 18, 2013 11:27AM
I bought this stuff and had problems with it. It doesn't print like regular PLA. Here is how I got it to work

temps of 200-220 (just found out my hot end doesn't come up to the temp on the display, you might need to check this yourself)
glass bed @ 100
spray glass with hairspray and let dry.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login