Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[USA] ColorFabb PLA/PHA Now available in 1.75mm and 3.0mm $39 with free shipping to US locations only

Posted by PrintedSolid 

Random Vase V2 (chopmeister) / CC BY-SA 3.0
Last week I ordered a trial sample of colorFabb PLA/PHA filament from the Netherlands. I was pretty impressed and did a blog write up on my results. You can read my testing blog post and FAQ on the ColorFabb page for more information on why this is unique, but in quick summary: It prints about like PLA, maybe a little smoother, but is significantly toughened by the addition of the PHA. The colors are also extremely vivid.

I was so impressed that I decided to start reselling the material in the United States!

I have placed a small test order and am looking for 3D Printers to help me test it out. A small number of spools are available in both 1,75mm and 3.0mm sizes 0.7-0.8kg spools. This offer is only available to US customers (international customers, check colorfabb.com for your local reseller).

Due to limited availability, this offer is limited to one spool per person at $39 with free shipping. Orders should ship the week of 8/26. Send requests for orders to info@printedsolid.com. We're still working on getting the store running so I will send you an invoice through paypal.

In exchange for your early support, you will receive free shipping on your first 3 orders from me once we start getting in production volumes and will receive first notification when I am able to stock their new material, XT.

My partner and I have tested this material successfully on the following machines:

Makerbot Replicator
Makerbot Replicator 2
Ultimaker
Robo3D (J-head hot end)

It was also tested on a Makerbot Replicator 2X but failed similar to how it fails with standard PLA (immediate nozzle clog due to the long heated barrel)

I'd really like to see some variety around different varieties of machines and hot ends.

I have the following colors available for 1.75mm:

traffic red (see picture above)

sky blue

Homer Simpson Remeshed (much smaller) (Steelyd) / CC BY-SA 3.0

standard white

shining silver

Klein bottle design by: @Dizingof

[www.ponoko.com]

blue grey

intense green

chocolate brown

Chocolate Brown (ColorFabb) / CC BY-SA 3.0

fluorescent green

mint turquoiseSOLD OUT

And in 3.0 mm (2.85 mm +/- 0.05mm actual size for Bowdens)

Dutch Orange

Kiss me (fantasygraph) / CC BY 3.0

Light Brown

Lilac

This look awesome Printed Solid!
Update 9/15/13.

Our webstore is now functional, so no need to send me a PM to place an order.
Check it out at http://www.printedsolid.com/

We still have at least 1 spool of most colors left from the pilot order, so any orders placed qualify you for our free shipping on your first 3 regular orders special.

Production order should be placed soon and we will have stock in the full line of colorFabb PLA/PHA as well as XT!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login