Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Azteeg X3 Controller Pre-Order. Limited time pricing.

Posted by royco 
Azteeg X3 endstop connectors
December 25, 2012 12:11AM
Ron, I'm going to be using the NC pins on my endstops. Should the switches be wired to the middle and + pins on the X3 connectors? Or to the - like the wiring diagram shows for NO connection?

Thanks,
Drew
Re: Azteeg X3 Controller Pre-Order. Limited time pricing.
December 29, 2012 12:34AM
Well you are still right Roy, I bought a dedicated switch mode power supply with 40 amps at 12 volts promised and it works flawlessly now, no coms drop out. These type of power supply give you adjustment of the output voltage so I tweaked it under full load to give me 12 volts and at no load it floats up to about 12.1 volts. The power supply is slim enough to incorperate in the design somewhere so that's a bonus too.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/29/2012 12:35AM by Wired1.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Richmond, New Zealand
Thingiverse ~ YouTube
The wiring diagram for the stepper motor sd82a/82b panucatt is different on the motor pin arrangment then what reprap.org shows azteeg x3 which means a different color code on the wiring for stepper motors ,any information on that ! Also most importantly is the representation of the drivers placement ,the picture shown by reprap.org is a different driver then the sd82a/82b so how do check mounting orientation before inserting drivers . The drivers will be damaged when improperly inserted, and can potentially damage your main circuitry too. Very tricky
Re: Wiring configure is different for stepper motor with sd82b drivers
January 08, 2013 03:27AM
Yes I got it wrong first time too. You can pick the pairs before you connect anything by shorting any two stepper leads together and trying to turn the motor shaft. If it is difficult then you have a pair and the two remaining wires are the other pair, if not difficult then swap one wire with one of the remaining ones. Then to wire it up it is a pair followed by a pair down the connector. If you get either pair the wrong way around the motor will turn the wrong way so just reverse one pair. That's it. The other thing I got wrong was the limit switch wiring smiling smiley

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Richmond, New Zealand
Thingiverse ~ YouTube
January 28, 2013 06:29PM
Did you have any documentation/wiring guide? Also is there a thermistor/hotend that you recommend? Third edit: Does it come with a power supply?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2013 06:35PM by Atomhax.
February 01, 2013 12:10PM
Hi Atomhax.

You can find the wiring diagram here.
Azteeg X3 page

I usually use 100k epcos thermistors, altho most 100k thermistors will work.

Power supply is not included.

Thanks
February 01, 2013 03:17PM
How are the Viki LCD panels coming along Roy?

Richmond, New Zealand
Thingiverse ~ YouTube
February 01, 2013 07:25PM
Wired1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How are the Viki LCD panels coming along Roy?

The Chinese Spring festival is messing up schedules, but not too bad as its only 1 week delay for the ViKi. The Helios 200 wasn't so lucky tho, they could not finish it before the factory shuts down sad smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2013 07:27PM by royco.
February 05, 2013 03:41PM
Made a mock up Viki panel here for anyone planning for one of these: [www.thingiverse.com]

Richmond, New Zealand
Thingiverse ~ YouTube
March 07, 2013 05:40PM
roy i am trying to figure out how to use the low power switch? do you know how to operated them from marlin software? and can they drive strip of led directly?

Thanks!
March 12, 2013 04:21AM
My Azteeg X3 arrived today thanks Roy, looks a little different to the first one I bought with a few more bells and whistles on this one.
Still waiting for my Viki panel but I guess that can't be far away as I see you are listing 49 in stock smiling smiley

Richmond, New Zealand
Thingiverse ~ YouTube
March 13, 2013 05:57PM
Yeah It has much more stuff. I think I sent you the version with 2 thermocouple inputs ( still needs a bit of firmware tweak right now).

Im a bit slow in testing/shipping out the vikis from kickstarter but its picking up.
March 26, 2013 12:19AM
Hi Roy, I'm still waiting for my Viki, I was 14th to sign up on the Kickstarter page you know...

Richmond, New Zealand
Thingiverse ~ YouTube
March 27, 2013 12:41AM
I'm waiting on an X3 and have had very little communication since placing my order and my confidence is wavering.

Roy did post this update on his kickstarter page for Viki

I have about 30-40 awaiting pickup today and have 50 left to go out in the next few days If you have not received a shipping notice yet please check your spam folders. A lot of backers had to fetch it from there. Most of those that are last to go out are with the MCU upgrades.
Thanks
Roy

I'm hoping that means that non-Viki orders will ship soon too...

UPDATE: I just received my shipping notification.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2013 08:35AM by Fl0yd.
March 27, 2013 02:13PM
@ Wired1 - I think I shipped yours late last week. I'll resend you the tracking number.

@ FlOyd - The Viki shipping coincided with the X3, heatbeds and stepper drivers being is stock. It was an enormous task getting those out as fast as I can. Testing took the most time. Im almost towards the end of the Viki LCD and back order list. 8 hours of sleep is in sight :-)

Thanks

Roy
ybm
March 28, 2013 04:36PM
Hi Royco,

Can you tell me if I order an X3 with 4 stepstick. First, are the stepstick SD8825 2B ? and what about stock ?
March 29, 2013 02:49PM
@ybm,

The shipping stepper driver is the SD8825 which is based on the Ti DRV8825 chip. Im almost out of the X3, and have a lot of the drivers.

Thanks
Re: Azteeg X3, Helios & Viki Arrived. Thank you
April 01, 2013 02:11AM
Roy, I want to say thank you for your prompt shipping. I received everything yesterday, well packaged.

Everything is beautifully engineered; too nice to keep in an enclosure. :-) Perhaps a clear one will do it justice.

I have a number of questions before I set this up. I'll read the docs on line first and then post the unanswered questions here - unless there is a more appropriate place to post questions about the X3 and Viki connections. (Please advise)

Anyway, thank you.

Eric
April 01, 2013 08:42AM
Roy, i havent recieved my x3 yet, its been almost a month since it was sent, i had sent you an email and a PM a week ago about this and i havent had any response.

Can you please take a look at the email/pm?
Azteeg X3 ICSP Header Pinout (e.g. for use with ViKi LCD Display)
April 02, 2013 04:25AM
I just purchased the Azteeg X3 controller and before connect anything to it I am trying to become familiar with the pins and their purposes.

I am trying to identify the pins for the ICSP header that is visible in the upper-right of the X3 controller when looking at the board straight on.

The ICSP header has six pins but they are unmarked except for the white dot on the upper left most pin. (I am assuming that this is pin 1, but I do not know for certain)

I could not find anything in the Azteeg X3 documentation to indicate the pinout.

I found this ICSP pinout on the web:

[www.instructables.com]

WHich points to this image of the ICSP connection: [www.instructables.com]

NOTE: I have NO idea if this is correct or correct for the X3. I am simply posting here in the hope that someone familiar with the X3 can offer confirmation or correction as to the pinouts.

Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2013 04:26AM by Eric Mack.
How long till more x3s are in stock?? I would like to get a set of everything and a viki
April 04, 2013 08:43PM
My Viki arrived yesterday thanks Roy. I'm going to use it with the X3 I recently bought on my new OB1.4 printer - it's about time I got back onto that project and got it printed.
Looks very nice in black, I'll post something when I have made some headway.

Richmond, New Zealand
Thingiverse ~ YouTube
April 04, 2013 08:44PM
anyone with a viki lcd , i need help! try a few thing in marlin but it didnt work, i have try a i2c scanner and it doesnt find it

help!!!!! how do you make it work!!!!!
April 06, 2013 05:43PM
well i have some answers the azteeg 3x wiring is badly writen and missing alot of thing like the sda and scl are reverse,
that why i couldnt communicated with it .

now i have the display working and the encoder trying to figure out the clic since there no wire for it

man is it to hard to at the very least to have some wiki for it! dont get me wrong here it is a nice piece of hardware but Roy is overwhelmed with his success and info does'nt come to fast !
April 06, 2013 08:30PM
What display setup did you pick in marlin?

Richmond, New Zealand
Thingiverse ~ YouTube
April 08, 2013 11:55PM
April 09, 2013 02:46AM
Can't get my head around github. Is the Marlin file with viki support somewhere on that page?

Richmond, New Zealand
Thingiverse ~ YouTube
Skar101
Re: Azteeg X3 Controller shipping
April 15, 2013 01:55AM
nic0laz Wrote:
> Roy, i havent recieved my x3 yet, its been almost
> a month since it was sent, i had sent you an email
> and a PM a week ago about this and i havent had
> any response.
>
> Can you please take a look at the email/pm?

Roy
Any response to emails would be appreciated no response now in 2weeks, I am considering cancelling the order
Stephan
April 15, 2013 02:33AM
Is Marlin with viki support available on this page?
Github
I have been all over this page and can't find it.

Richmond, New Zealand
Thingiverse ~ YouTube
Re: Azteeg X3 Controller shipping
April 16, 2013 12:55PM
Stephan, Roy contacted me about my problem, he told me that he's on a trip (asia i think) and he's having lots of problems to access email and such, so, i can advice to be patient and wait for him to return, im sure he will give you a good solution.

Skar101 Wrote:
> nic0laz Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Roy, i havent recieved my x3 yet, its been
> almost
> > a month since it was sent, i had sent you an
> email
> > and a PM a week ago about this and i havent had
> > any response.
> >
> > Can you please take a look at the email/pm?
>
>
> Roy
> Any response to emails would be appreciated no
> response now in 2weeks, I am considering
> cancelling the order
> Stephan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login