Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[USA] MatterHackers now offering LAYWOO-D3 wood filament!

Posted by walabie 
[USA] MatterHackers now offering LAYWOO-D3 wood filament!
November 27, 2012 06:20PM
Hey everyone!

We just wanted to announce that MatterHackers is now carrying LAYWOO-D3 wood filament! It comes in both Cherry and Pine colors and it prints fantastically. We'll be carrying it in greater quantities soon, but our current LAYWWO-D3 filament is limited so swing by before it sells out on our website at www.matterhackers.com. As always shipping on United States orders is free and quick.

If you're curious what it's like printing with wood we wrote up an article on it a month or so ago and you can check that out here.

Additionally come check out our wide range of stock of PLA filament colors. They include lime green, light blue, silver, grey, green, pink, yellow, black, orange, red, blue, natural and glow in the dark! Soon we will be adding white and gold to the mix.

If you haven't checked us out yet, stop by our website. We are a small start up company in Lake Forest, CA called MatterHackers and we are looking to serve the RepRap and 3D printing community as a whole with quality parts and materials for reasonable prices. Additionally, we try to add content to the 3D printer world with new articles as often as we can. So come check us out!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2012 12:34PM by walabie.
Re: [USA] MatterHackers now offering LAYWOO-D3 wood filament!
December 05, 2012 11:12PM
Okay first of all, your printed wooden airplane is INCREDIBLY COOL!
Second, do you sell pellets made with this stuff?
December 10, 2012 10:36AM
I am curious about the wooden filament,could you show some image for parts,meanwhile i also want to know more about the raw material,just like Simba.
December 10, 2012 12:15PM
I mean, at its basic level, you can assume it is plastic stuffed with sawdust. Looks like clear ABS based on description, loaded with perhaps 30 percent sawdust by weight. Just my *guess*, I expect it was Co extruded with sawdust added to raw abs pellet.
December 10, 2012 12:15PM
I mean, at its basic level, you can assume it is plastic stuffed with sawdust. Looks like clear ABS based on description, loaded with perhaps 30 percent sawdust by weight. Just my *guess*, I expect it was Co extruded with sawdust added to raw abs pellet.
December 10, 2012 02:54PM
Hey Simba/Barret,

Glad to hear you like the plane. Soon, we're actually going to have an article about a naval battle we had with some wooden printed boats, so look out for that to see some more cool wooden prints.

In terms of the pellets, we don't sell the pellets, only the final extruded filament product.

What kind of images were you looking for Barret?

Unfortuantly we are nearly out of stock, but should have more up for sale in about a week or so.
December 10, 2012 03:02PM
Can you tell us what percent wood we are looking at (obviously it has to be part plastic). If not, then roughly?
December 11, 2012 01:40AM
I want to learn more photo for that filament with wood
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login