Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Darwin V1.05 Printed Parts for sale

Posted by Wade 
Darwin V1.05 Printed Parts for sale
November 24, 2008 05:07PM
Located in Toronto; I'd like to find a local buyer if possible, either Toronto or Vancouver area, as I'm headed that way next.

90 parts, built using Skeinforge and ReplicatorG, 0.5 mm filament and 25% fill. No pulleys or jigs, but but if you really want them I can print them for you.

$30 firm, plus shipping. smiling smiley Some of these parts will require some needle file work, and you'll probably break a couple, so I'd rather find someone locally to make it easier to replace broken bits. For me as well; I can't tell you how many times I broke something that I needed to make a new part to fix the thing I just broke.

Wade
Re: Darwin V1.05 Printed Parts for sale
November 24, 2008 08:11PM
Great price, Wade, and quite an accomplishement. You are offering the first, second generation Darwin parts set for sale. That's a hell of a milestone for the Reprap project. You've just made history. I'm not teasing, either. This is super important, probably as important as the first Apple 1 that was sold.
November 24, 2008 10:56PM
Thanks Forrest, but this is really the whole RepRap team's accomplishment. I just followed the directions!
November 25, 2008 08:56AM
All that and modesty too! What would your estimated shipping costs to US zip code 29687 be? I

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2008 09:02AM by Rick.
sid
November 25, 2008 05:54PM
Thank you Wade,
honestly thanks a lot.

Good to see the first printed parts coming up here.

'sid
November 25, 2008 10:13PM
If you've still got it count me in! I'm just over the border in Mich. If you already sold it off, any chance you'll be making another set? Many thanks and good luck!

-Matt

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2008 10:19PM by carpenma.
Anonymous User
November 28, 2008 06:56PM
Hmm.. this sounds very interesting! I'm in the Vancouver area, i'm definitley looking into this.

Thanks!

Jason
Hello Wade,
I am looking to start a RepRap here in Guyana / South America. We are a small group and have little funds, but I am willing to pay you for parts and shipping.

Let me know if you do another set.

Greets
Frank
December 03, 2008 11:28AM
Wade,

Are you able to ship to the USA?

Regards,

Brian Reifsnyder
Harrisburg, PA
December 03, 2008 01:29PM
As mentioned on the main page, I found a local buyer and the parts are sold. Good price too! smiling smiley I'll repost when the next set is available.

It's good to see that there's a lot of interest in the parts though!

Wade
December 03, 2008 01:46PM
Wade,

Unless I miss my bet, I think that Brian would like to get on your waiting list. If you haven't already noticed, he's making up parts kits for extruders on his lathe. smileys with beer

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2008 01:08PM by Forrest Higgs.

-------------------------------------------------------

Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Thomas A. Edison
how soon for the next set and i'll want at least two sets to start.
Gil
December 11, 2008 11:48AM
If I counted right (and I may not have), the first set of kits are all spoken for, but put me down for a kit when the second batch is ready!
December 22, 2008 03:06AM
Please tell me when you have a new kit ready and I'll be happy to send a money order or use PayPal.
I would love to buy a set of parts! Could you send me an email when you have some for sale again? jchord.b@gmail.com I'm located south of you in Windsor ON.
i would also love to buy a set please email me at tony.hoang@aeeeris.com
I'm interested as well. send query to alex.macen[AT]gmail.com please
Hi Wade,

I'm interested aswell. How much does it cost to ship to Manila, Philippines?

Thanks,
Mark
Hello I live in toronto! (if your still there) Could I buy one?
January 09, 2009 12:10AM
I'm slowly rebuilding and improving my machine at the moment, so it'll be a while before I've got more parts to sell. We are slowly building a second Darwin now in Toronto, so send me a PM if you're interested in getting involved.

Wade
Hello Wade,

I live in France, near Paris, and I'd like to get one of your sets. Is it possible? So, I could distribute Reprap in my area afterwards.

G
Hello Wade,

I am from the falls and I am definitely interested in a set of parts.
No hurry, whenever you get settled with your machine and such. i have more research to do on the machine anyway. well let me know. shoot me an email at michael_hipwell@oxy.com thanks allot.

Michael Hipwell
February 09, 2009 01:00PM
Aloha Wade,
I am from Canada but living on the Island of Maui Hawaii. Sorry someone has to do this. I am wondering can this machine work on g code generated by Rhino3D CAD software? Or should it be imported as an stl or dxf file into a program that talks to the reprap machine? Also pls tell me if anyone has worked with wax print heads? what the resolution could be? suppliers of wax print heads? Thank you in advance and be well, Neil Coshever a nubee and wish to build a machine.
February 09, 2009 10:04PM
Hi Wade,

I'm not exactly local (US zip 27615), but I'd like to buy a set of printed parts, and you seem to be the only seller at the moment. I plan on offering printed parts for other RepRap builders once I've completed mine.

Thanks,
Thomas Deal
Anonymous User
February 11, 2009 10:24PM
Hi wade,

Im somewhat close to you (US area code 14127) and i would like to purchase a kit form you. If you could email me at reaperdragon3@yahoo.com that would be great.
February 22, 2009 07:15PM
How long does it take to build the parts? I was curious. I heard (misheard) an estimate of a month if it is used overnight.
Jay
February 25, 2009 08:09PM
Hi Wade,

I am interested in getting 2 sets (if possible) since I am new and sure will break a lot, so just to cover them. I am located in california, US 92129. Please let me know when you think I might be lucky to them.

Thanks,

Keep up the great work.

Jay
February 26, 2009 07:05PM
I'm not building any new parts for a couple months yet, but keep your eyes open, more parts will likely come up soon. While I'm out of town, a friend is using my Darwin, but I don't know if he's had any luck building parts yet.

As for how long it takes, it took me roughly a month to build an entire Darwin. I let it run overnight, but was not running it full time, and even so it was down for repairs for at least half that time.

The speed limit on my Darwin was the extruder - it maxed out at 3mm^3/s plastic feed rate. Assuming a largish 2 kg of plastic for a Darwin (roughly what I used), and density for ABS of close to water, that works out to about 185 hours of extruding, or a little more than a week of full time extruding. So I didn't do too bad.

Nophead's new extruder could cut that down to three days, assuming the cartesian bot and electronics can keep up to 45 mm/s head movement; not sure if that's possible, but it'd be nice! You still have to spend a fair bit of time removing parts from the bed though.

Wade
Hi Wade,

Its great to hear of your progress with the Darwin and the new extruder. I am really interested in getting started on my own. Could you add me to your list for a set of parts when they become available and let me know ([email protected]). I am in California and I would like to build a machine and have it start to make a few others too!

Thanks
Hi Wade

Good news to hear about your success. I'm in Toronto and would like to be added to your list. I'd be able to pick the parts up and would love to see your reprap in action if possible.

Thanks,

-Sean
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login