Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I'm looking to buy a RepRap near Chicago

Posted by Tom 
Ok, simple enough, I'd love to have one of these wonderful machines, but don't have the time to purchase the parts and assemble (or the tools or space). So, I was hoping I could find someone in the chicago area (or Illinois), who can sell me one, or assemble one for me. Please PM or email me with any info, and many thanks. And cheers to the team behind the RepRap, amazing stuff!
Re: I'm looking to buy a RepRap near Chicago
January 07, 2009 11:27PM
There are actually quite a few of us in the area who have gotten together recently to pool our resources and build one (and then two and then three. but we are not there yet).

if you wanted to finance one (meaning a bitsfrombytes or ponoko laser cut repstrap), we would all group together to assemble and trouble-shoot it. and in return we'd just ask to keep it long enough to make one or two sets of second generation parts. (at least i think that would be the consensus.)

we are getting together next weekend to start work on one of the older bitsfrombytes molded kits that one of our group purchased.

we have a google group if you care to join. you could make your proposal there.

[groups.google.com]

we could figure out whatever might work best. (and obviously cost and all that.)

Andres
January 07, 2009 11:28PM
oh and of course a moderator could move this thread to the chicago forum if they care to.

dres
January 08, 2009 12:18PM
Hey Tom, I might be interested in helping build one for you, and I'm not too far outside the Chicago area. I'll hit you up over e-mail.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2009 12:19PM by HanClinto.
I'd be interested in pitching in on this as well. Has this thread moved somewhere else ? I'm in the Western suburbs.

Dane
I would be interested in this as well, but I'm in the Quad Cities. So maybe more of a financial interest than really being able to be hands-on.

-Eric
I would also be interested in getting one of these machines if you could tell me what you need in terms of money and or items I will consult my boss about getting it I'm also near the quad cities.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login