Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

looking for a RepRap in Denmark / Europe

Posted by jacob lawaetz 
Hello,

Is there a RepRap for sale somewhere close to Denmark? Just heard about the project and now I am really interested in getting my hands on one of these. I am a mechanical engineer and I would really love to work on the structure of the machine, so I want one as a starting point for a new construction.

Regards,
Jacob Lawaetz, Copenhagen, Denmark
Re: looking for a RepRap in Denmark / Europe
February 27, 2009 04:35PM
Bits from Bytes is selling complete ones, else you need to ask someone from europe to send you parts...
March 21, 2009 11:06AM
Oh hi, another Danish reprapper. I've been starting to make PCBs, but having not tried it before my experiments with toner transfer came out too awful for such a complex design. So now I'm looking into getting some printed, and wouldn't mind doing a group order to offset the starting costs. So if you want to start on the soldering level, wanna join up?

-Lars
March 21, 2009 02:06PM
larsrc Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Oh hi, another Danish reprapper.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I am not Danish but Dutch.
I have almost zero experience with electronics, but I know there's a lot of knowledge availble online, and I would really like to slowly join the RepRap project, which I find facinating. I was thinking about ordering the Arduino kit and trying to assemble it by myself. When I have those parts done, I could move on to another part of the machine, so that one day in the (possibly far) future, I could have a complete RepRap. The journey is in this regard as important as the result, so I wouldn't want to buy a pre-made RepRap from Bits from Bytes. I live in Odense, Denmark, so it would be nice to know someone with know-how in this area. Before I begin: Am I being completely unrealistical here? Will I not be able to patiently learn as I go, or do I have to get experience before I start out here?

Kind regards
Kristian Sørensen
Odense
March 22, 2009 04:46AM
I was talking about the original poster, actually.
March 22, 2009 06:15AM
Kristian, I would suggest you get the Arduino pre-assembled and get your experience with the smaller, less complex parts. The Arduino is easily the most complex of all the parts involved, and the only one that is mass-produced. Having the Arduino also allows you to experiment with the machine-electronics interface without having to worry about frying your USB port or anything.

-Lars
That was my idea as well. I was thinking about ordering an Arduino Duemilanove and the electronics kit from MakerBot: [store.makerbot.com]

Then I could have some parts to experiment with and learn from, and then when I get to know the Arduino, I'll probably be ready to order some more parts. Does this approach sound reasonable? I think one of the first steps will be modifying an ATX power supply to work for the RepRap.
is it possible to get a "blueprint" of the Reprap, coz i have been looking around the web and i can´t find it.!
ill like to make all the parts my self.
need diagram of the electronic, and sizes on the components needed to build the machine.
jchillerup
October 26, 2009 05:39AM
We are a couple of people working on RepRaps in Labitat, a new Danish hacker/makerspace. Check it out [labitat.dk] or mail me at jchillerup snabela labitat punktum dk. Maybe we can arrange combined orders?
December 30, 2009 06:57PM
I made a shortcut and bought a Makerbot!

Looking forward to visit Labitat.
tan
January 29, 2010 12:12PM
hi
I now live in Copenhagen, starting to collect bits for mendel

I have a background in electronic engineering,

any body else around, makerbot sounds great hows the build going?

kind regards
Tan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login