Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Looking for RepRap in Columbus, OH

Posted by ethan 
Looking for RepRap in Columbus, OH
May 14, 2009 05:44PM
I've been looking at building a RepRap for over a year now, and now my interest has risen to the level that I wanted to see if anyone in or near Columbus already has one.

Thanks,

-ethan
The RepRap Map shows 1 person in Columbus.

[maps.google.com]

(If the link doesn't work, go to RepRap's Home page, and scroll down the left side of the page until you see "World Reprap Map" and click on that)

If you're willing to go to Dayton, there's a couple of people there as well. I believe the user in Englewood is a frequent poster in these parts. There's also talk of a Dayton Reprap group - look for "Ohio, Dayton Reprap" on the main forum page.

Good luck!
Re: Looking for RepRap in Columbus, OH
May 18, 2009 11:30AM
Thanks for the pointer to the map; that just the sort of thing I was looking for.

That location is less than 5 miles from my house. I'll definitely start there. I don't mind enlarging the circle to Dayton, but if I can stay local, I will do that.

Thanks,

-ethan
Greg
September 22, 2009 11:07AM
I'm in Toledo, but I make frequent trips to Dayton/Cincinnati. I'm looking to build one. I guess it'd be possible for me to head up north to Ann Arbor/Ypsi.
September 22, 2009 12:03PM
Greg Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm in Toledo, but I make frequent trips to
> Dayton/Cincinnati. I'm looking to build one. I
> guess it'd be possible for me to head up north to
> Ann Arbor/Ypsi.

I don't know about the Dayton or Cincinnati areas, but Detroit has a few from what I remember.

I did eventually contact the user listed in Columbus - he has a Panko (laser cut) Darwin, but as recently as last week, he was still having extruder problems.

With a lack of local support, my group in Columbus decided to RepStrap ourselves. We have acquired 90%+ of what we need to make a McWire and are far along in the construction. I think after our next build night, we'll have a working X stage and maybe a working Y stage. I've been following the Mendel discussions on the main RepRap blog, and I'm pretty sure we will end up making Mendel parts on our McWire and skipping the Darwin.

-ethan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login