Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[UK+Europe] ABS Pellets and Masterbatch for filament extrusion

Posted by CraigRK 
[UK+Europe] ABS Pellets and Masterbatch for filament extrusion
September 26, 2013 12:19AM
ABS Pellets:
Natural ABS pellets suitable for using with filament extruder (e.g. Filastruder, Lyman Filament Extruder, etc) to produce filament for 3D Printing.
These pellets have an MFR rating of 28g/10min @ 220°C/10.0Kg

Masterbatch:
This is a universal masterbatch which can be used to colour various polymers, and can specifically be used with our ABS pellets (see other listings) and a suitable filament extruder (e.g. Filastruder, Lyman Filament Extruder, etc) to produce filament for 3D Printing.

We currently have a range of 5 Masterbatch colours (red, blue, yellow, white and black), although we are able to source an extended range (over 30) of standard colours (so feel free to ask) and can also source custom colours however these have a significant surcharge for small quantities.

Our Masterbatch is specified as having a 1% addition rate, which should be factored in when considering cost and order quantities, for this reason, we supply Masterbatch in 25g increments.

Please see the listings on eMAKERShop for more information or to purchase.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[blogger.kritzinger.net]
Re: [UK+Europe] ABS Pellets and Masterbatch for filament extrusion
September 30, 2013 01:48PM
Great that we start to see resellers that offer small pellets quantities !

I wonder how well the current DIY extruders will mix one masterbatch pellet every 100 natural pellet ? It might not be a very regular colouring ?
Have you tested your pellets along with your masterbatch in an extruder, and if yes can we see the resulting filament ?

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
September 30, 2013 01:57PM
Hi DeuxVis,

Thanks for the interest. The following thread (http://www.soliforum.com/topic/2123/colorants-masterbatch/) has many pictures showing what is possible to achieve with the Filastruder in terms of colour consistency. Results with other extruders may vary as the technology is still in it's infancy.

I have not run colours through my own Filastruder yet as I trouble with the power supply and PID controller. I think I managed to resolve these over the last weekend so will post pictures of my own when I can.

In the meantime, what type of extruder (if any) do you have? If you have one I would be very interested in getting some real experience feedback from you if you want to try some of my pellets!! I have asked all of my buyers so far to supply feedback, but it seems slow going as each person is in this as a hobby so is running to their own deadlines.

Regards,
Craig

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[blogger.kritzinger.net]
October 01, 2013 03:12AM
I got a filastruder from the KS campaign, but I haven't started to assemble it yet. Days of 24 hours only, what a shame smiling smiley

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
October 01, 2013 11:16AM
If you want to save some money on plastic filament you may want to start making your own. Nutralabs a UK based company have just launched a fully assembled desktop 3D filament extruder called the Noztek. It produces about a Kg reel of either PLA or ABS in a day using wholesale resin pellets, which can be purchased at a fraction of the cost of online retail filament. Checkout www.noztek.com
October 25, 2013 11:05PM
Ouch the UK one is really expensive. Would take you years to save money with it. Seeing as it takes a day to make 1kg of filament.
November 04, 2013 01:50PM
callumburns
Ouch the UK one is really expensive. Would take you years to save money with it. Seeing as it takes a day to make 1kg of filament.

I agree, it does seem quite expensive. I personally have a filastruder which doesn't look as pretty, but is a fraction of the price...

[blogger.kritzinger.net]
November 04, 2013 05:36PM
Hi all,
Please note that I have just updated the listings (http://www.emakershop.com/Seller=1324) to reflect lower shipping costs in the UK. I have also created ABS+Masterbatch combined listings which effectively give you the Masterbatch shipping included (For all destinations).
I have been refunding people in the past, but as this may have been putting some of you off I decided to create combined listings. (The store doesn't combine shipping very well).
For European orders, please do contact me for a price if are combing items, as shipping prices do vary across Europe. I will always pass on any savings. If you have a VAT number, please provide these details.
Regards,
Craig

[blogger.kritzinger.net]
March 23, 2014 06:36PM
Hi all,

I have updated the listings (http://www.emakershop.com/Seller=1324) to include better volume discounts.
ABS rates drop to £4/kg for bulk purchases.
PLA is purchased in lower quantities, so I didn't get the same volume discount as on the ABS, hence a slightly higher base price. Starts @ £6/kg for 1kg and quickly drops to £4.50/kg
Masterbatch now available in 7 standard colours: black, white, red, blue, yellow, green, grey
The Masterbatch is universal so suitable for use with PLA.

Regards,
Craig

[blogger.kritzinger.net]
August 19, 2014 05:50AM
Hi Craig,

We'd be interested in getting hold of some of these, but I'm stuggling to buy them via the link. Can you contact me paul@ph-7.co.uk
August 19, 2014 07:22AM
Hi Paul,

As discussed via email, currently out of stock of PLA, will have within the next 2 weeks or so.

Regards,
Craig

[blogger.kritzinger.net]
November 13, 2014 01:25PM
To all those who recently tried to buy PLA or masterbatch, all stock levels on emakershop have been updated.

Regards,
Craig

[blogger.kritzinger.net]
November 19, 2014 02:19PM
CraigRK
To all those who recently tried to buy PLA or masterbatch, all stock levels on emakershop have been updated.

Regards,
Craig

Orders of 25kg of PLA made within the next 2 weeks will receive a free 14x25g multi pack of Masterbatch. Email me for the best shipping rate.

Regards,
Craig

print3d@kritzinger.net

[blogger.kritzinger.net]
July 27, 2015 01:38AM
ABS Pellets:
Natural ABS pellets suitable for using with filament extruder (e.g. Filastruder, Lyman Filament Extruder, etc) to produce filament for 3D Printing.
These pellets have an MFR rating of 28g/10min @ 220°C/10.0Kg

PLA Pellets
Natural PLA pellets suitable for using with filament extruder (e.g. Filastruder, Lyman Filament Extruder, etc) to produce filament for 3D Printing.
(Ingeo 4032D - Product Specification sheet available here.)

Masterbatch:
This is a universal masterbatch which can be used to colour various polymers, and can specifically be used with our ABS pellets (see other listings) and a suitable filament extruder (e.g. Filastruder, Lyman Filament Extruder, etc) to produce filament for 3D Printing.

We currently have a range of 7 Masterbatch colours (red, blue, yellow, white, black, green & grey), although we are able to source an extended range (over 30) of standard colours (so feel free to ask) and can also source custom colours however these have a significant surcharge for small quantities and larger minimum order quantities..

Our Masterbatch is specified as having a 1% addition rate, which should be factored in when considering cost and order quantities, for this reason, we supply Masterbatch in 25g increments.

Please see the listings on eMAKERShop for more information or to purchase.

[blogger.kritzinger.net]
September 13, 2015 12:50PM
Still available.

[blogger.kritzinger.net]
November 19, 2015 05:36PM
Bump

[blogger.kritzinger.net]
January 07, 2016 01:12AM
Bump for a great supplier!
July 23, 2016 03:55PM
Hey Craig, you vanished after our mailconversation about the pellets you had left.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login