Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MendelMax 2.5 soon available for preorder!

Posted by Benny 
MendelMax 2.5 soon available for preorder!
October 15, 2013 06:13AM
During the next few weeks we starting the preorder for the MendelMax 2.5

Stay tuned!

Regards
Benjamin
Reprap Austria
www.reprap.cc
Re: MendelMax 2.5 soon available for preorder!
October 21, 2013 02:37PM
where can i find more features?
October 28, 2013 03:21PM
Look during the next 3-4 days to our shop, we release soon smiling smiley
December 09, 2013 06:15PM
Whats the difference between the 2.0 and your 2.5?

WWW.ZATOPA.COM - Your Place for high quality 3D Printing Filament and accessories
February 02, 2014 05:49AM
Shame on you, only Maxbots, the original MendelMax inventor, can publish new "official" versions (that carry the same name). Please rename your product to stop confusing people.
February 03, 2014 05:20PM
ChristianSi
Shame on you, only Maxbots, the original MendelMax inventor, can publish new "official" versions (that carry the same name). Please rename your product to stop confusing people.

Well, they also sell an airtripper design:
[www.reprap.cc]

And it's done wrong, since Airtripper himself clearly says you need to use a tube instead of springs to tighten the idler.
Fail.
February 07, 2014 01:22PM
Just to avoid confusion, please be aware that this is NOT an official MendelMax design. I am the original designer of the MendelMax series of printers, and would have preferred to be consulted before someone chose to advertise their variant as the "MendelMax 2.5", but I was not. The design is Open Source, but out of courtesy I ask that cloners choose unique names other than incrementing the number sequence to avoid confusion.

My company, Maker's Tool Works, has what we were going to call the MendelMax 2.5 in the works (still a couple months off, though). We may now be forced to increment the name just to avoid confusion ourselves. Unlike this clone, the changes are much more significant than merely using a different rail on one axis.

Obviously I am biased, but I really encourage people to support the original printer (or electronics, or whatever) designers whenever possible . Designing open source hardware takes a huge investment in time and capital. I spent years working on the original ideas that later became the MendelMax. The current MendelMax 2 design is a massive improvement on that original design. We have hundreds of our MendelMax 2 kits in the field today, and it is an extremely robust, well tested design. Our printer is also less expensive than this clone, even if you factor in shipping from the US to Europe, and will almost certainly arrive faster as well. If anyone has any questions about the MendelMax 2 or our company, please feel free to visit our webchat room and we will be happy to answer them. I am Maxbots in that channel, please feel free to ping me!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2014 01:28PM by Maker's Tool Works.
July 07, 2014 05:22AM
Hi,

i would not recommend buying a kit from reprap.cc. I bought my mendelmax 1.5 kit from there and i had a hard time assembling it, for the following reasons:

- Initially there were no instructions for MY MM 1.5 included. I had to search the internet & write mails to Benny to get clues.
- The 4 corner plastic parts where missing. I had to wait 2 weeks on top to get them & start assembling (attached picture)
- MANY nuts & screws were missing. I spend 30€ to buy the missing parts !
- One of the threaded rods was bent. I noticed this when i got the z-axis moving for the first time. If one rod wobbles around you can not achieve a good print.
- The Z-Axis springs were clipped from a bigger spring. The clipped end created friction & wedged with the rod -> the motor stalled & i couldn't move the z axis anymore. THIS WAS A NIGHTMARE
- Some plastic parts were obviously glued together afterwards to make up for a low printing quality. I had to glue some parts myself (attached picture) to fix them.

I have to point out that Benny was always willing to help me out & that i got a small discount on a later order. But this would not have been neccessary if he had actually delivered me a "complete kit".

Lucian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/07/2014 08:00AM by luciancd.
Attachments:
open | download - 13613171322420.jpg (158.5 KB)
open | download - 13609598198560.jpg (315.8 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login