Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Complete Mendel mechanical kit without RP parts

Posted by khiraly 
Complete Mendel mechanical kit without RP parts
December 03, 2009 04:30PM
Hi!

I plan to sell Mendel kits. However before ramping up the RP parts production, I can offer right away the complete mechanical kit (belt, threaded rod, bar,nuts, bolts, etc) without the RP parts.

I can send it inside EU without problem. As for the price (I didnt finish all my calculations), but I think I can offer them at the same or (hopefully) lower prices, as what is listed in the Mendel-m4-assembly-data-sheet.ods‎:
[objects.reprap.org]

Keep in mind, that many prices are valid only if you buy the given stuff in bulk, ie. in a pack which contains 250 pieces when you only need 34 of them. So you cant get at that low prices on your own, unless you find a cheaper supplier.

The other advantage,that you can buy everything at once, so you only need to pay the postage once. Which is not the case, if you are sourcing from multiple suppliers.

So my question is, is there a demand to such a kit?

At later (hopefully still in december or early january), I plan to offer the machined parts as well (for the extruder).

Best regards,
Khiraly
Re: Complete Mendel mechanical kit without RP parts
December 04, 2009 11:00PM
How much would you be selling them for. Will you ship to the US?
I'd also be interested in knowing pricing and US availability.
December 05, 2009 05:10AM
As for the price, I cant you say for sure the final prices, because I didnt get yet the belts. But for the other parts I have competitive prices.

So I can say for sure the final prices 'til the end of the next week.

As for shipping to the US, to be honest, I have zero knowledge. So if somebody wants to work with me, to figure out a cheap shipping avaibility, the duty, he is more then welcome. I try to even lower the prices for the US to compensate the shipping. But Im not sure, if is a financially viable option.

Best regards,
Khiraly
December 05, 2009 06:08AM
In the next week, I try to get quotes from major delivery companies (dpd, fedex, ups, etc) to the USA.
December 05, 2009 01:49PM
If I could have a full Mendel kit together, with everything but the Gen3 Electronics & RP parts for $500 , would there be any interest?

That would include all:
Screws & Bolts
Rod and Bar, all cut with 1 cm play
4 NEMA 17 Steppers
All Bearings
Laser Cut Thick and Thin Sheet
All Belts

Also would there be interest in the RP pieces for $200 more?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2009 01:50PM by spacexula.

repraplogphase.blogspot.com
December 09, 2009 04:28PM
The kit would also miss the extruder parts (barrel/nozzle), right?
Still, I'd be interested.
The RP parts for 200$ seems a bit much for me...

Andreas
I would be interested, I am in US. Give me the price.
December 10, 2009 05:57PM
Reid: sorry I need to research more to shipping to the US.

So while shipping in EU costs about 50-60EUR to me, shipping to the US costs about 250EUR to me, and I dont know the duty details.

So Im really sorry, but I plan to start in EU first, but definietly I will crack the nut of shipping to the US later.

Others: I dont will publish the final prices until I didnt mounted my own Mendel (and do the final calculation).

I expect to start offering at the begin of January.
December 10, 2009 05:58PM
> The kit would also miss the extruder parts (barrel/nozzle), right?

I hope I can offer it too.

Best regards,
Khiraly
December 12, 2009 08:02PM
I would be interested depending on what the set contains and the price.

I have one other who would also order a set and another that would like to build a Mandel RepRap but hasn't commited yet...
December 14, 2009 12:08PM
Want to buy a Mendel with or without RP parts.

If some one have one for sale PM me please.

Shipping to EU.
like radar I want to buy one mendel complete kit.

Shipping to Portugal.
I would like to know some prices
January 05, 2010 09:15PM
That was my dream as well but when your price the silicone required for the molds, it ends up being about 10-15 dollars each for the molds because you need to use platinum cure silicone to insure no warping, and a high quality resin to ensure stress tolerance.

I set down and did the math, even with buying in a decent bulk it would have cost me 10-12 dollars a piece for the molds, and 3-4 a piece for the parts.

A Mendel kit would have cost me 400 just to mold, then 50-60 for the resin. According to a local molder mendel is a very non mold friendly design, and the molds would likely only last a few casts.

At a static cost of 100-150 there is no way to sell them economically. As Nophead said, likely BfB came up with the same math.

repraplogphase.blogspot.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login