Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

reprap kit complete hardware minus electronics for less than 300$

Posted by james villeneuve 
Re: reprap kit complete hardware minus electronics for less than 300$
March 24, 2010 11:35PM
Has anyone gotten their X-bars or extruder kits yet? This is getting ridiculous.
Hi

anybody in contact with James?

I have sent him many emails in the last 3 weeks, requeting for a tracking number, and although he said it is shipped, and not a single answers! ...
May 01, 2010 02:03PM
James has been very sketchy lately, this recent lack of communication reminds me of a child who suddenly becomes very quiet because they know they did something wrong.
May 01, 2010 06:15PM
James, I believe you should put your sales "on hold" until you've taken care of your standing orders. I'm very worried that you are critically overextended.

New users, as a RepRap forum admin, I do not suggest you place new orders with James until his current customers are happy.

Good luck, James. I wish you well with these matters. confused smiley

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
My problem is that James was going to ship to the wrong address

when I ordered, I knew I would have probably moved by the time he produce my kit so I asked him to confirm before shipment

the day I got my flat in Derby, I receive a Paypal confirmation of shipment to my old address, in Bristol...

I emailed James to remind him he had promised me to check before sending, and he tries to find if I can have my parcel redirected. I just didn't see how it could be possible. So he said he canceled this shipment and send it to the correct new address. I never received the new tracking number even after several emails

SO

1) UNTIL I RECEIVE MY PARCEL, I WOULD ADVISE ANYBODY NOT TO PLACE ANY ORDER

2) I WILL WAIT A BIT MORE (already more than a month) AND LOOK AT PAYPAL REFUND OPTION IF ANY.

3) WHEN/IF THE KIT ARRIVE, I'LL LE THIS FORUM KNOW

4) I WILL BUILD IT AND LET PEOPLE KNOW OF QUALITY ISSUES
Guys,

Since I read deeper about what's happening, and Since James persist in being silent, both through email, or through the forums, and also seeing he prints labels and "declares" dispatched items sometimes several weeks before shipping, (which I think is just dishonest)

I am considering contacting Paypal and complain about James to:

1) ask for a refund.
2) ask suspend/terminate his account, and put him out of business/forbid him to use this service and buy lots of thing online, forever.

Obviously, this would have more weight if several of us contact paypal at the same time. so I'd like to coordinate that before starting any action.

I have nothing against long lead time, after all it promised to be a great service to the community, even if they are longer than original planned, but I will not accept being kept in the dark, or potentially lied about items shipped when they are not.

This is my warning for him to come clean.
post of list of customer with order status (which was removed from his website) send us tracking number.

Jean-Louis Bourdon
May 04, 2010 05:46PM
Lets review the facts a bit.

When James originally posted the ads for his kits there were red flags discovered right away that people were questioning. As time went on, more and more red flags were popping up.

Of these red flags the most notable were these three.

First, these kits were being sold with no proof that they would function and James kept dodging the issue by posting videos of other machines running, assembly videos that had nothing to do with his machine actually running and when he finally posted a video of the machine printing out parts it was blurry to the point where it was difficult to tell if it was printing anything useful or just making a mess.

Second, buyers were reporting several problems with the kits that did arrive. Missing parts, parts that break easily, holes in the wrong places and molded parts that were of very poor quality.

Last of all, Communication has been a key issue that James seems to be ignoring. Several buyers have mentioned this problem. At this point communication is of vital importance because of the complaints being lodge in James' direction. These issues need to be addressed. And yet, he remains virtually silent.

I do not believe that James has purposely put himself and others into this awkward position. I feel that he has somehow gotten in over his head which would explain the virtual silence if he's not sure how to solve the issues.

In the future it may be best to avoid buying Reprap devices, kits or parts from anyone who sells them under sketchy or questionable circumstances. In particular, when buying "complete kits" make sure there are videos of the machines printing out parts before purchasing one
Hi

I issued a Paypal request for the cash I paid James, and to its credit. he refunded me completely.

I am sad that my Mendel won't come this way. I am also angry that I wasted so much time believing my kit would arrive anyday since I was led to believe it was in the postal system for the last 5 weeks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login