Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stepper Motor Controller $25.00

Posted by kymberlyaandrus 
Stepper Motor Controller $25.00
January 29, 2010 05:39PM
I have Assembled Stepper Motor Controllers for $25.00 each. I have sixty of these controllers, although I only showed one assembled. They are ver 2.3 and are for the RepRap. It is physically smaller than the Makerbot version, But I primarily reduced the amount of empty space. I prefer PayPal. I can be reached at kymberlyaandrus(at)yahoo.com for questions or shipping information.

I also have a complete Electronics kit available for sale that includes all electronics boards needed for the RepRap Mendel(generation 3 electronics) and also a USB to TTL adapter, a universal 12v 5A power supply, and a cable kit to wire it all together for $215.00

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2010 01:00AM by kymberlyaandrus.
Attachments:
open | download - steppercontroller640x480.JPG (67.6 KB)
Re: Stepper Motor Controller $25.00
February 02, 2010 04:04PM
Would you sell 3 of the PCBs? I have the parts, but I can't find a PCB to solder them to.
February 02, 2010 11:24PM
yes, I would sell you a couple of PCBs; but a some of your parts won't fit... I didn't hold to a strict rule of 0805 footprint components... some of mine are 0603 (for availability and cost reasons... as well as space) and I do not use the 100uf cap; I use a Ceramic SM 10uf instead; also, the 10K pot I used is smaller physically and is surface mount.... and the 5v Regulator is changed to a TO220 package; So... in short, your chip is good, as are your 2W resistors and I think the terminals will work, as will your resistors and most of your capacitors, the ten pin header is compatible, as is the two 3 pin headers.

Are you sure you want to try it that way?
February 03, 2010 08:39AM
Jinkies! Who would have thought that a PCB would be the thing to hold me up?! smiling smiley I thought that since I live within driving distance of a fab lab, I would have relatively little trouble building a mendel. The Universe's sense of humor seems unwilling to overlook me, though.

Thank you for the offer and info Kymberlyaandrus. With that in mind, I think you are right. I'll keep looking for a more vanilla version of the board.

I must succeed!
February 08, 2010 10:31PM
Interested in a couple of your boards. I have not bought the components yet, so the fact that your board is different than Makerbots component list should be no problem. How much for just the raw board? Is it functionally the same as the makerbot board?
February 08, 2010 10:41PM
Sorry, I forgot it takes 3 per machine, I will probably need 6 raw boards
February 09, 2010 07:00PM
Hi Idaholion:

Our board is functionally the same as the makerbot boards. the connectors are all set up as if you had used a makerbot board and built it for the RepRap Mendel (on the reprap website).

The stepper controller boards are $4.00 each - for an extra $2, I can include a plastic, laser cut solder paste template if you would like.

The components for the boards (chips resiters capacitors, LEDs and terminals) are $15.50 for each board.
February 17, 2010 08:31PM
Do you still have stepper controllers available? I need two. I actually need controllers for a Makerbot, but could switch out the headers.
February 23, 2010 03:11PM
Joe, we have some more.

You will not be able to switch out the header, but you can make a small cable adapter.

Thanks
March 02, 2010 11:15AM
I just wanted to say: good job at reducing the board size and in turn reducing the cost to make these.
Also I think there needs to be more alternatives to Maker Industries, they are always running out of parts. How hard to I have to beg for someone to take my money?
March 04, 2010 01:31AM
I assume your prices are in USD?

So a fully populated board is: $25
An unpopulated PCB and all components for self-assembly is: $4+$15.50 = $19.50

what payment methods do you accept?
March 07, 2010 03:40AM
We accept Paypal for payments and we do have more parts in stock.
March 08, 2010 04:31PM
Since this board is smaller, will there be problems with keeping the chip cool? How many amps can it handle before overheating?

Darwin clone, Gen 2 electronics, Arduino Duemilanove w/ AtMega328, 5D Firmware, Pinchwheel extruder
[www.codeerrors.com]
March 08, 2010 06:06PM
Although the board is smaller, the chip is the same chip. Heat dissipation characteristics of this chip are not dependant on the board design (but I have done what I can to enhance them, ie a small thermal pad on the back and some thermal vias)

If you want to increase the heat capacity of the chip, put a small heatsink on the top, or set a fan to blow across it (the fan actually makes a bigger difference than the heatsink by itself, but it is amazing when you do them together)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login