Profounddevices llc. USA website: www.profounddevices.com
specs
threaded rod driven.

x 165 ipm 70mm/s positioning system .00025inch .006mm
y 165 ipm 70mm/s positioning system .00025inch .006mm
z 20 ipm

extruder speed. (1-100mm/s) +/- .1mm error
www.profounddevices.com

James, I believe you should put your sales "on hold" until you've taken care of your standing orders. I'm very worried that you are critically overextended.

New users, as a RepRap forum admin, I do not suggest you place new orders with James until his current customers are happy.

Good luck, James. I wish you well with these matters. confused smiley

-Sebastien Bailard

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2010 06:17PM by SebastienBailard.
Re: mendel complete kit.
February 08, 2010 01:19PM
Why the image is so unclear? And no extruder ?
February 08, 2010 10:47PM
James please email me rgeorge15@atlas.valenciacc.edu, thanks! The very second i see one printing parts i will make a purchase smiling smiley
February 08, 2010 11:43PM
I went ahead and ordered one - I did enough research that it looks legitimate - he's using Paypal, and everything is registered in the same name (including his domain whois, paypal account, and name coming through with his e-mail).

So far, he's been very fast in e-mail replies (I initially e-mailed him asking for details on what's included, etc. just to be sure) and seems very professional.

Once the unit comes in, I'll try to get some pictures up of the parts, etc. (not sure how long this is going to take me to assemble...I tend to be overly slow and methodical on projects like this).
February 09, 2010 12:55AM
no metric parts.
It´s a shame. sad smiley

-------------------------------------------
* homeprototype free 3d design repository
* Blog
* Google+
February 09, 2010 07:05AM
MarcusWolschon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> no metric parts.
> It´s a shame. sad smiley

Why is that a shame?
February 09, 2010 06:49PM
Just ordered a kit.
Great communication with James the last week and even through the order process.
In my humble opinion, anyone with critique should realize first that this is a constant experimental project.
February 10, 2010 01:20AM
buzzard192 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> MarcusWolschon Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > no metric parts.
> > It´s a shame. sad smiley
>
>
> Why is that a shame?

Because it would be impossibly difficult to repair or replace
or extend any part of it here in continental Europe.

-------------------------------------------
* homeprototype free 3d design repository
* Blog
* Google+
February 10, 2010 11:47AM
MarcusWolschon Wrote:
> Because it would be impossibly difficult to repair or replace
> or extend any part of it here in continental Europe.

Totally understand. That's the same reason why I was looking to make an English unit system. From what I have been able to find, in the US metric parts are about twice the cost. I was able to price out all the metal parts of a Mendel for $60-$70.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2010 12:27PM by buzzard192.
February 10, 2010 10:11PM
really? he hasnt emailed me yet...
February 10, 2010 10:37PM
Again I say, giving someone $300 when they haven't even printed with the prototype... That's brave.

repraplogphase.blogspot.com
February 11, 2010 05:57PM
> Again I say, giving someone $300 when they haven't even printed with
> the prototype... That's brave.

I dont really believe the official Mendel extruder is reliable for ABS in the first place.
So I think some modification will be required in the Mendel design itself.

Also the cartesian bot is quite awesome, so buying this part is not a bad idea.

And keep in mind, that everybody who has a working printing machine has invested way more than 300$ in the reprap idea.

Me, for example I have spent about 5000$ already. I have built an Mcwire machine, I printed a Mendel, I have a Rapman machine, etc, etc.

So I think everybody should decide, if he needs a tested system (bfb, makerbot), or he wants to contribute to the reprap community with his experience (buying a semi-made Mendel machine, and try to finish it), or wait the supercheap Mendel, what is stated on the front page (the numbers are really utopistic there;-)

Summary:
I dont think 300$ is expensive for a Mendel cartesian bot...

If he really sells what is on the blurry photos...;-)
February 11, 2010 07:34PM
[dev.forums.reprap.org] gives you an idea of the parts he's using. Sounds pretty decent, but I'm kinda leary about the cost and it including electronics.
February 11, 2010 11:06PM
my concern isnt that it can print yet, i just want to make sure that im not getting scammed... asking to see his modle printing parts is a reasonable request for what he claims. If everything works out then i believe this is the best deal there is as far as reprap goes. I was stunned when i saw the prices and the picture, just gotta tie up loose ends.

I plan on printing out a delta bot and helping to give feedback with that project and work out the kinks, as well as help design a rotating multi-extruder platform that can be used in congugation with a delta robot (used under the build platform) to print diferent mediums (to be used as a prototype for a DIY tissue printer and biological lab hardware). Just gotta get started.

Also i want to print sets of mendels or deltas and prepare them to make molds, then mass produce these things so that we can finally see a plethora of sets of printed parts needed for supercheap smiling smiley
February 12, 2010 09:54AM
Video on ebay of him starting to put one together.

[cgi.ebay.com]
February 12, 2010 03:37PM
can some one tell me where I can find the website to order the kit???
February 12, 2010 04:02PM
His website is listed in his original post www.profounddevices.com

However, it appears he is currently sold out of the full kits.
February 13, 2010 02:48PM
sorry I've been slow to respond on this forum, anyone that emails me gets a reply within a couple hours, so if you have questions just email me. facts page will be updated soon. my first orders completed are going out Tuesday.
i will try to spend Monday updating video's and stl files will be uploaded in a few weeks.

james
February 15, 2010 12:09PM
[www.profounddevices.com]

this program will be hosted on my web site. it allows troubleshooting comm connection and hooking up printer to do useful tests, and run gcode. it will work for about any reprap printer, and does not require java!
February 17, 2010 05:28AM
i've posted some more videos

[www.youtube.com] and more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2IZZdmrF8s

I'll also be posting how to build extruders in the next few days
February 17, 2010 05:28AM
February 17, 2010 06:04AM
here is an extruder video running 450C. i say copper filament in video, but should have said copper end piece. the filament i designed contains no plastics!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vESjxZc5AdI

here is an example of my extruder pushing abs. also warning. extreme fire hazard. this extruder heats up to 450C unregulated. and i can still hold it with my hands!!

February 17, 2010 06:37AM
i had a request to post here for the source code to run a reprap with vb. here it is. anyone want to upload it to reprap for me? I gotta get access to that......
[url=http://www.profounddevices.com/mendel_src_ stuff.zip]mendel_src_ stuff.zip[/url]

here is the testing program. works on any reprap that runs software

[url=http://www.profounddevices.com/mendel_test.zip]mendel_test.zip[/url]
February 17, 2010 12:40PM
FYI the difference between metric and English printers is simple and has been worked out for over 50 years.

G20 - Inches as units

Implemented.

G21 - Millimeters as units

that's right.... your gcode software tells my printer and any machine based off of gcode how and what measurements to use....

I just tell my firmware how many steps to calculate millimeters, and then the firmware calculates 25.4 per inch. and then you the user decide am i using inches or am i using millimeters......

James
February 18, 2010 09:44PM
more instruction videos online

this is a video for extruder design

this filiment is used for abs plastic as well
February 19, 2010 01:18AM
updated price range. 2 day waiting time for some kits only the complete kit and the kit without electronics for 225 includes extruder.
February 19, 2010 01:45AM
ok so this includes everything to build a mendal? would it also work in the usa or would it require an adapter? sorry i am new to this stuff
February 19, 2010 03:31AM
this video will help! sorry so busy, i'm trying to post a faqs section on my web page, and get better pictures. also check out the other videos as well!

February 19, 2010 07:25AM
James

I'll swap a professionally built website for your company and product range in exchange for a complete 'turnkey' machine and controller board(s) shipped to the UK

Deal?
February 19, 2010 03:51PM
Hi,
I think it’s time for reprap.org to step in to verify the legitimacy of james villeneuve’s business.
- If it is legitimate, then say it to help him promote his business since it offers wonderful products.
- Otherwise, expose the truth to protect the Reprap community.

However, I’ll go ahead and order one set anyway smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login