Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

mendel complete kit.

Posted by james villeneuve 
hello I'm sorry for the delays. I've got a motors coming in next week sometime. also machining all parts for printer kits now.

James
Re: mendel complete kit.
May 07, 2010 07:17AM
I think it is very important not to lose the spirit of RepRap development that unites us here. It is true that James has not acted correctly from a business perspective, has failed to keep clients informed, I have business experience and I know that sometimes things do not go as you want and more if relying on different vendors and oversea, the worst we can do is to panic, I have confidence that James is doing everything possible to meet the best way.
I now agree with SebastienBailard ()
> Villeneuve is ... a bit erratic , but he's not a
> crook. Try emailing him again.

Best regards Luis
I am still stuck on the heater driver circuit. I have built it 3 times now and I have been unable to get it to work. I can get the circuit to work on a breadboard using a 100k pot and a led(instead of the heater wire) but when I wire the whole thing up I dont get a tep readout and the wire does not get hot. I am out of ideas at the moment. debating on getting a cupcake cnc.
May 14, 2010 03:17AM
I am quiting the catalyst, has costed me a whole lot of hours and funds..

I tried to keep it all within the margin but eventually I was and still am better off by buying a proven kit!

So I am in the market of all parts.. and still want me to build a reprap..

The friction, the 'broken' part, misfitting parts, missing parts, different approach. All in all I say, Damn I have been a fool! Could have had a cupcake up and running a long ago.. the costs are now nearly the same!
May 14, 2010 08:53AM
Jeffrey Olijar Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am still stuck on the heater driver circuit. I
> have built it 3 times now and I have been unable
> to get it to work. I can get the circuit to work
> on a breadboard using a 100k pot and a led(instead
> of the heater wire) but when I wire the whole
> thing up I dont get a tep readout and the wire
> does not get hot. I am out of ideas at the
> moment. debating on getting a cupcake cnc.

Maybe replace the electronics with Makerbot standard, it's what Mendel uses.
May 14, 2010 06:40PM
Hi Jeremy,
Don’t give up since you already paid. I don’t have time to put everything together yet but if I were you, I would try the following:
1. Make a list of connections.
2. Check every pin on that list against your boards.
3. Check every pin on that list against the firmware pin declaration file, which should be “pins.h”

Arduino pin Connect to

0 Digital 0 Rx
1 Digital 1 Tx
2 2 X Step on CNC Parallel port
3 3 X Dir
4 4 Y Step
5 5 Y Dir
6 6 Z Step
7 7 Z Dir
8 8 A Step
9 9 A Dir
10 End Stop X Switch Input w 10K pull up
11 End Stop Y Switch
12 End Stop Z Switch
13 Extruder Heater Control
14 Analog 0 Extruder Thermistor, Analog input
15 Analog 1 A Enable
16 Analog 2 X Enable
17 Analog 3 Y Enable
18 Analog 4 Z Enable
19 Analog 5
May 14, 2010 06:44PM
Jeffrey Olijar,
SORRY! The above message was supposed to be for you but somehow I just... smiling smiley
I suspect that I have somehow soldered it wrong and that is why it isnt working. I probably have close to 200 hours put into my machine and I still have alot of tinkering left to do.

I dont have home switches hooked up
I havent tested the extruder motor
The heater driver circuit
and a few other things

I dont doubt that my machine will work, but it will require alot more tinkering to adjust and the expert on this perticular machine is quite busy trying to make all his customers happy. I am happy with my purchase I think the value was excellent. I recieved exactly what i expected to. I will probably continue to tinker with it until it works however, I suspect that I will probably have to either outsource the heater driver circuit or replace it with rep rap standard equipment. until then im quite stuck where I am.
May 23, 2010 01:09PM
Hi, I build the mendel from james, and found out that you have to connect the ground wire to the negative pole of the power supply to get the extruder heated up!
June 02, 2010 11:05AM
I just got my mendel catalyst kit, pull chain version, hdpe parts very clean and seems good resistance evrything i wanted finally is here if knew i was going to recived the kit soo good i could wait another month with no complain.
Sure i made a good choice.
Thanks james very good work
ill make a blog to upload pictures, let u know soon

Luis Duque
Missing a video
June 02, 2010 02:50PM
Does anybody know in which video it is shown how to mount the motor for the y-axis?

I'm trying to sort out the videos (see James Villeneuve Profoundedevices Mendel Videos on YouTube)
June 06, 2010 02:17PM
Pics of my catalyst now i will start with electronics [tecnologiaselzipa.blogspot.com]
Luis Duque
June 14, 2010 06:43PM
I have to stop for a wile but, in the mid time, im more than happy with my purchase, thnk James. It took its time but no more if i were getting the parts myself, and it has a lot of improvemnts.

Best regards
Luis
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login