Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Checking intrest in Generation 3 Pcb's

Posted by dps.lwk 
Checking intrest in Generation 3 Pcb's
March 10, 2010 07:06AM
Hi

I'm new round here and am looking to build my self a mednel as my first reprap
but I'm coming up short sourceing the pcb's in the uk espicialy the stepper board , since makerbot in the USA is only place that seems todo them.
so I was consider doing a small run of the compelet set of gen 3 pcb's using a uk company and then selling the spare sets on eBay
basicly I'm looking to produce the following
motherboard 1.2
endstop 2.1
extruded 2.2
stepper 2.3
I'm thinking about ordering 10 sets, 2 for myself and selling the other 8 onto the comunity.
I'm waiting on email quotes for price of the boards to come in
but I wanted to check wat level of intrest there might be befor I go ordering them.

Comments wellcome

Matt
Re: Checking intrest in Generation 3 Pcb's
March 10, 2010 07:23AM
Try UK-RUG too. And ping Bodge-It, see if he knows folk who are hungry for boards.

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
March 10, 2010 08:14AM
hi

Yep, i´m looking for a small supply also if they were at the wright price i´d be
interested.

regards joss
March 10, 2010 09:11PM
I have sets of PCBs as kits assembled or unassembled. I am in the US but ship to the UK regularly and can ship a set assembled w/o a power supply for $191.00 plus shipping (as low as $13.00 per set)or less without components.
March 11, 2010 09:05AM
Hi

So i've had the quote in for run of 10 complete PCB sets.
For a I'm looking and the price is working out at re-selling them for £45 a set plus maby £2-3 P+P for UK.

Looking at gettin just bare PCB's from makerbot is $30 for the boards and $30 for the P+P, plus the chance of UK VAT/import hit
or a set from iprint3d is €24,50 plus €15.10 P+P
So i think the price isn't to far off the mark.
Let me know what you think.

Matt
March 11, 2010 10:56AM
I can get you Bare PCBs for 29.75 per set. The set includes: 1 Mainboard, 1 Extruder, 3 Stepper Motor Controllers, 1 USB to TTL and ,3 opto-Endstops. And yes, I have a complete list of components needed to finish the boards. I can ship up to 20 sets for 13.00 via USPS Priority Mail for 6-10 Business Days Shipping
The cost breakdown per board is:
Mainboard: $7.50
Extruder: $6.00
Stepper Motor Controller: $4.00
Opto End Stop: .75
USB to TTL: $1.25

Volume Discounts are also available

Kimberly
March 12, 2010 11:20AM
I am also interested in gen3 pcbs.

thanks

Laurence
April 13, 2010 07:02AM
Kimberly: Are these boards the modified version you made, or the ones listed on the wiki?

Cheers

Andrew
April 13, 2010 06:54PM
Andrew,

They are the modified board I made, which are listed in the Wiki [reprap.org], I am not sure what you are asking...

They are not the Makerbot version (if that is what you want to know)

If you have a different design in mind, I can probably help with that too (depending upon quantity).

Thanks,
Kimberly
Just asking as I read your modifications and am under the impression a few of the ICs have been changed to ones without leads to reduce space and cost and thought these were harder to solder? If not no problem. I just havent done reflow soldering before so was looking to follow the instructions and pictures pretty closely as listed in Motherboard Build Process

Cheers

Andrew
April 14, 2010 01:54AM
Ahhh.....

The mainboard that I produce has two footrpints, one nested inside the other, so that it can use either/or of the processor packages. This is done due to an availability of parts, sometimes it is difficult to get the part in the TQFP package, so we have the board layed out so that you COULD use the mlf style package instead.

Depending upon your soldering techniques, it is more difficult to solder smaller parts, but if you use slightly more advanced techniques, it is reasonable (I guess I will have to make a little tutorial on the more advanced techniques... but not this week).

Thanks,
Kimberly
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login