Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hardware Kits + Belts $190 READY TO GO

Posted by berrybros 
Hardware Kits + Belts $190 READY TO GO
April 11, 2010 01:32AM
I am starting an all inclusive hardware kit! As of now the kit will consist of ALL bolts, nuts, washers, BELTS, RODS (smooth and threaded, PRE-CUT), and bearings. I am also looking to expand the kit to everything that is needed to assemble a Mendel II, with the latest improvements. My desired outcome for the all inclusive kit is to get more people comfortable enough to jump into building one of the greatest ideas and machines that can be built and utilized by anyone. Feel free to request items you would like to add to the following Mendel II kit. I would never want to sell something that was not up to the BEST standards. The following information came from reprap.org :

If you can list the Extruder you have and/or materials needed i will provide a custom quote

PLEASE Feel free to post with modifications to the list

Bolts, Nuts, Washers

54 - M3 Cap Screw 20mm
5 - M3 Cap Screw 25mm
20 - M3 Nut
38 - M3 Nylok
105 - M3 Washer
28 - M4 Nut
130 - M4 Nylok
460 - M4 Washer
40 - M4 Cap Screw 16mm
2 - M4 Cap Screw 20mm
20 - M5 mudguard washer
105 - M8 Nut
105 - M8 Washer
120 - M4 Cap Screw x 40mm

Belts

2 - 5/T5/990
1 - 5/T5/1380

Rods

M8 steel threaded rod
- 2 x 440mm
- 6 x 370mm
- 4 x 294mm
- 2 x 355mm
- 2 x 418mm
- 2 x 330mm

M8 smooth rod
- 2 x 495mm
- 2 x 406mm
- 2 x 330mm

Jigs
- 1 X 290
- 1 X 234
- 1 X 157

All rod lengths cut to +0.7mm , - 0.0mm ends ground and ready for use or filed further.

Bearings
2 - 8mm x 22mm x 7mm
48 - 4mm x 13mm x 5mm

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: If you are not satisfied with your purchase then corrections will be made at MY expense.

Dwayne

Price: $210 starting (5/14/10), $190 until (5/14/10)

(Tax?): No tax will be added to orders (Tax will be included in all sale acceptable)

Payment Conditions: Paypal (Best), checks, money orders

Location: Based in North Carolina, USA, will ship internationally

Shipping Cost: Contact for shipping cost

Shipping Conditions: tracking, ups, regular postage, whatever the buyer prefers

Contact Information: dwaynemoody(at)gmail.com

Trade: Engineer Student

Edits
- clarified tax information
- included prices, updated op
- free shipping quota has been met (4/16/10)
- added jigs
- updated Price (5/7/10)

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2010 11:14PM by berrybros.
Attachments:
open | download - 66.jpg (604.8 KB)
Re: Hardware Kits
April 11, 2010 10:12AM
Remember, you are pricing against Mcmaster carr, If they are a better price don't buy up too much stock.

Also.... I wouldn't say "(tax): No!" If you make that explicet you could get in a little trouble, especiall if I bought from you, I live in North Carolina also!

repraplogphase.blogspot.com
Re: Hardware Kits
April 11, 2010 08:46PM
i have been notified that this kits is a competitive price with a well known Kit, so in that regard i will be lowering the price to be competitive in the market. I have enough of the bearings from an earlier project to cut into the profit margin. The kit will be posted to ebay later this week if anyone wishes to purchase that way. I will also post pics later this week.
Re: Hardware Kits $190 READY TO GO
April 11, 2010 10:51PM
Congratulations, you have dropped my "projected cost" of a Mendel by $35 dollars, to $525.

$190 berrybros kit
$60 Altronics
$37 Lasercut Techzone
$226 Electronics Techzone (And you get your powersupply and USB connector included)

That's $75 dollars dropped off the total cost since January. We are headed in the right direction.

repraplogphase.blogspot.com
I'm very interested in 3 (maybe 6 if i can talk you down a bit on the price ^_^) of these kits. I'm from NC as well so maybe we could meet up for faster delivery (with the plus of lower costs to you) and talk for a bit. I wanna get a few of these machines going printing mendel plastics. I figured with 3 mendels going, thats a set of plastics per day... Would you be interested in adding plastics to your kit? E-mail would be my best contact. Its ad@m stinson (at) *omg* gmail dot com. take out the *omg*, spaces, and change the at symbol to the letter a. smiling smiley - security ftw.
April 14, 2010 08:24PM
btt, as of now 4 kits are being shipped, thanks to all

dwayne
April 20, 2010 01:18AM
I got around to taking a picture.
April 20, 2010 01:23AM
berrybros, I'm glad the kits are selling.

You may want to "placematt" your parts. It is an antifraud measure.
[reprap.org]

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
April 20, 2010 01:36AM
lol, i trimmed the card out not thinking about it, thanks for the catch i will post another

Dwayne
Re: Hardware Kits + Belts $190 READY TO GO
April 20, 2010 01:45PM
Hello

I´m looking to buy just the belts. Is that possible?
April 20, 2010 01:54PM
Yes that is no problem. PM sent
April 28, 2010 04:10PM
Well, this hardware kit arrived today and I'm pretty happy with the purchase. Transaction was smooth, and Dwayne shipped it quickly. He was very helpful via email as well. I was happy to see that the kit arrived in a very heavy cardboard tube, to protect the bar stock and threaded rod from UPS's efforts to deform it.

I haven't checked all the round bar stock yet, but the one I did check was pretty straight. Rolling it on a piece of float glass (sorry no dial gauge), I'd say the midpoint is out maybe 8 thou or so. There's maybe that much deflection anyway when the carriage is sitting in the middle of the span, so I'll probably mount them bow-up for good measure.

The round bar stock is mild steel from the looks of it; the threaded rod is BZP. Seems like that's fairly 'standard' for most folks' RepRap projects, so no problem there. I will probably take some steel wool to the bar stock and give it a nice coat of oil though.

Washers and screws seem to be 1st quality, no problem there either. I haven't counted them but I assume that they're all there. smiling smiley

Belts came pre-split and in fine shape.

All in all, I have to thank Dwayne for providing a very competitive price on a good kit, and saving me a lot of hassle sourcing all this metric hardware myself. smiling smiley
May 06, 2010 04:13AM
I bought all the belts from Dwayne aka berrybros and can really recommend his stuff. The belts were already split and looks good. The package was shipped really quickly and at a good price as well. Highly recommend buying from him.
May 11, 2010 08:29PM
Are these kits still avaliable?

Info to:
braden.kear@gmail.com

Thanks,
Braden
May 11, 2010 08:38PM
Yes they are. PM sent.

Berry bros
May 13, 2010 09:59PM
i ordered two kits, the first shipment was damaged by UPS according to berrybros, he is resending them to me as soon as he gets new belts in, hopefully today... ill post back when i have received everything

My Reprap Project "Work In Progress" Walkthrough: [echovoice.com]
May 15, 2010 12:39AM
i got my kit in and every thing is here and looks good. Have pics on my blog
[reprapwork.blogspot.com]
May 15, 2010 12:57AM
This looks like a great deal. I'd like to get one or two. How do I purchase?

Thanks,
Will
in California
May 25, 2010 05:48PM
The kits are awesome and berrybros has done a great job taking care of any issues I have had, I posted pictures of the kits on my page here:

[echovoice.com]

May 27, 2010 08:06AM
hey!
Can i get this kit for delivery to sweden and how much would it cost me?
Is there anyway of seeing what i need to make a mendel II ?
Thanks!
May 27, 2010 08:19AM
See the Mendel assembly data sheet on the wiki Mendel materials procurement page.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
May 27, 2010 09:13AM
Thanks!
June 07, 2010 11:26PM
After assembling my first Mendel, i found it ALOT easier with the Jigs, so i have added those to the Kit. I will be going up on the price after (5/14/10).

And a hint for the future of Berry Bros, I will start making FULL Mendel Kits. This kit is going to include EVERYTHING that i used to make my Mendels, with the option of extruders. I am going to offer the option of Fully assembled(Mendel in a Box), which will be a plug and play, or an option of assembling the Mendel yourself. This is still a couple weeks away.

Thanks again
Berry Bros
June 07, 2010 11:28PM
you did an amazing job with my hardware kit, keep up the good work!!

June 08, 2010 08:01AM
Have you any idea what price you're going to ask for the "mendel in a box"? Very interesting.
jim
June 11, 2010 09:52PM
i was looking to buy a mendel, i saw your pakage and i was wondering what price you would be offering for the largest kit you have.
June 12, 2010 05:33AM
I am still not sure confused smiley. I am still putting my first ones together at the moment to get a feel for the Mendels. Once i have my cost down to the penny i will be able to say. But....... in the ball park...... 700-1000ish, and that would be a Mendel that is fully assembled, and ready to start test printing. And i am almost certian i will be using the Reprapstores.com to sell through, to make it a little easier. I understand a Maker bot is 950$, but you will have to do everything yourself and only have a 100x100 build space. I am going to try desperately to stay under that.
complete mendel
June 16, 2010 04:20PM
The Makerbot Cupcake CNC Delux is $950 which includes a ATX power supply, cat 5, "a tools kit with all the hex keys, wrenches, and other bit" and SD card, and USB2TTL cable. Most of this I have laying around. The basic version is only $750. I'd like to see you go for the $700 price range for the basic. Good luck to you. smiling smiley
jim
complete mendel kit
June 21, 2010 03:02AM
I think this mendel in a box would be a good idea so just add a comment on this blog when you've got an idea about your price range (when your quite certain) for one (unassembled).
complete mendel 2 kit
June 21, 2010 03:28AM
I just happened across the reprap mendal's while searching for information on prototyping. I would definitely be interested in purchasing a full kit for the mendel 2. I'd like the experience of putting it together myself. smiling smiley

Shoot me a mail when your kits are ready!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login