Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Do we need a feedback forum?

Posted by plasmator 
Do we need a feedback forum?
May 01, 2010 01:03PM
I have been thinking that it'd be useful to have an additional forum in the "RepRap Marketplace and Job Shop" section: Feedback.

I try to post feedback in the threads where things are being sold if I've bought from the maker, but it would be much nicer to have a unified place for such things. Users could then search that forum by name or username to see what others' experiences have been with the seller or buyer they're dealing with.

Forum mods - care to weigh in?
Re: Do we need a feedback forum?
May 01, 2010 02:07PM
I have been thinking that it'd be useful to have an additional forum in the "RepRap Marketplace and Job Shop" section: Feedback.

I try to post feedback in the threads where things are being sold if I've bought from the maker, but it would be much nicer to have a unified place for such things. Users could then search that forum by name or username to see what others' experiences have been with the seller or buyer they're dealing with.

Forum mods - care to weigh in?

Too much work, frankly. It is easy enough to create a new forum, but then we'd (I'd) have to pester all new users to go to the "flame/praise" forum to evaluate sellers. And since people would still be giving feedback in the thread, since that is human nature, we (I) would have to pester them to do extra work to double-document in the "flame/praise" forum.

It is a good idea but I do not think it is workable. smiling smiley

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
May 01, 2010 02:14PM
Fair enough. Thought I'd throw it out there, not particularly married to the idea. smiling smiley
May 01, 2010 05:17PM
I don´t thing it´s a good idea.
Don´t distribute people over too many threads.
And don´t separate the thread where the transaction took place from a possible feedback afterwards.

-------------------------------------------
* homeprototype free 3d design repository
* Blog
* Google+
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login