Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RepRap Stepper Motor Driver v2.3 Bare PCBs $2

Posted by kurtisg 
RepRap Stepper Motor Driver v2.3 Bare PCBs $2
July 03, 2010 05:46PM
I recently began construction of the electronics for my CNC projects and decided to order a whole bunch of boards since I couldn't buy them anywhere. I started with Stepper Motor Driver v2.3 boards. The company screwed up on the silkscreen on this batch, so good news for you, I am selling them cheap! They work perfectly, I soldered one together and it works great. The only problem is that some of the silkscreen labels are missing, the defect is purely cosmetic (see the picture ). I am willing to sell the boards in any number you would like, send me a message at kurtis.geerlings__at__yale.edu if you are interested.

To be specific the pricing is as follows:

Stepper Motor Driver v2.3 bare PCBs

1 PCB : $4 + $2 shipping (inside US) = $6 total
1 PCB : $4 + $4 shipping (outside US) = $8 total

3 PCB: $12 + $2 shipping (inside US) = $14 total
3 PCB: $12 + $4 shipping (outside US) = $16 total

N PCB: $N*4 + $2 shipping (inside US) = $N*4+2 total
N PCB: $N*4 + $4 shipping (outside US) = $N*4+4 total

Don't miss this chance to get perfectly good boards for cheap! In a few weeks I will hopefully receive the corrected batch and will be selling some of those as well. If you have any questions or would like further pictures I would be glad to oblige.

- Kurtis Geerlings

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2010 07:29PM by kurtisg.
Re: RepRap Stepper Motor Driver v2.3 Bare PCBs $4
July 04, 2010 07:27PM
After further testing of my assembled Stepper Motor Driver v2.3 board from the above-mentioned batch, I noticed there is a small mistake on the copper traces as well. This mistake, if uncorrected, shorts one of the opto-endstop wires on the cable to the motherboard to Vcc, and thus the motherboard thinks one of the endstops is always on. This can be seen in the picture here . This can be fixed on these boards by scratching the copper trace away so that it is no longer shorted to 5V (the nearby pins). I have done this on my assembled board and now both endstops work properly. I have notified the company to get the boards remade, but I am still stuck with a bunch of these boards. I am lowering my price to $2/board because they now require a fix. Because of the low price, I will now only sell them in batches of 3 or more.

Stepper Motor Driver v2.3 bare PCBs

3 PCB: $6 + $2 shipping (inside US) = $8 total
3 PCB: $6 + $4 shipping (outside US) = $10 total

N PCB: $N*2 + $2 shipping (inside US) = $N*2+2 total
N PCB: $N*2 + $4 shipping (outside US) = $N*2+4 total

If you're interested or have further questions, email me at kurtis.geerlings__at__yale.edu.
Re: RepRap Stepper Motor Driver v2.3 Bare PCBs $4
July 16, 2010 09:33AM
Hey y'all,

I bought 4 PCB's from Kurtis, they're fine with the scratch-off method he's got. Great deal. Kurtis, you need to post the jpg you sent me for more specific instructions. I think it will be clearer to prospective buyers.
Re: RepRap Stepper Motor Driver v2.3 Bare PCBs $2
July 16, 2010 04:51PM
The simple fix for these boards is detailed in the picture here . I have plenty of these boards left for those interested.

- Kurtis

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2010 10:58PM by kurtisg.
July 16, 2010 10:52PM
Your second fix in your pic won't work. You've forgotten to cut the other half of that track, so it'll be the same electrically as when shorted. Just cut the track close to where the wire is, and you'll be sorted.
July 16, 2010 10:59PM
Thanks for pointing that out Cefiar. I have corrected the picture in my previous post.

- Kurtis
August 05, 2010 09:35PM
I just wanted to let people know that I still have plenty of these boards left, the price is still $2 a board.

- Kurtis
August 12, 2010 05:49PM
Bought 6 boards from Kurtis, they arrived fine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2010 06:50PM by Comrader.
Do you still have these boards available.
January 13, 2011 07:52PM
Hello,

I was curious if these boards were still available?

Thank you in advance,
Chris
January 17, 2011 06:43PM
Sorry, I do not have any of these boards available anymore.

The forum moderators can close this thread.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login