Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New TechZone Complete Unassembled Huxley Kit on Promo for Christmas

Posted by kymberlyaandrus 
New TechZone Complete Unassembled Huxley Kit on Promo for Christmas
November 25, 2010 02:04PM
We have Complete Unassembled RepRap Mini-Mendel/Huxley Kits ready for delivery before Christmas 2010 On Promo now for $549.00 Based on a working design. See this video on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh_GFLq_wVs and printing here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dtfd8B76VtU

Listed on our website here:http://www.techzonecom.com/detail.php?pr_id=48

Price increases to $649.00 on December 12, 2010 so don't miss it now at this promo price.
Attachments:
open | download - Huxley3forum.JPG (286.5 KB)
Re: New TechZone Complete Unassembled Huxley Kit on Promo for Christmas
November 26, 2010 05:10PM
Are you going to upload your modified RP parts?

Also when do you plan to upload your 1 board version of the Gen3 electronics?

repraplogphase.blogspot.com
November 26, 2010 11:10PM
We tried to upload our files and emailed Sebastian for some assistance, so hopefully soon. Also our monolithic is not generation three. It is a new design
November 27, 2010 01:10PM
Is it legal sell a closed source propritory board "set is based on Sanguino - A derivative of Arduino (Atemega 644p)". I was under the impression that if you openly admitted your work was based off open source art you where required to make that work open source if you sold it.

Am I mistaken?

November 27, 2010 03:08PM
No worries, Kymberly and Lambert will be doing up the board in the wiki, Neil. smiling bouncing smiley

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
November 27, 2010 03:56PM
Awesome! Ever since to told me about those boards I have wanted to lay hands on them. A good alternative alternative to Gen3 and Gen6 is needed. Will be purchasing a set of these now in the next week or so smiling smiley

Planning on runing the 3 major boards head to head on a set of Prusa to see how well they compare.

November 27, 2010 04:39PM
Trying to get my order together to add a 4th Prusa to my fun little Gen3/Gen6/Ramps/and now Monolith print off. A few questions:

-The cables that are included for the Optos are they the same idea as the Gen6 optos, where the cable is all you need to plug in to get the opto functionality?

-What is the price on a second tip management board? How many watt can these tips handle? Can they for instance push a PCB mk1 [reprapsource.com] up to 120C? or would that require a relay/motsef?

-I am using Makerbot Kysan steppers for the Gen3/Mendelparts steppers for the Gen6, and Ultimaker steppers for the Ramps, I notice you don't sell steppers on your site, do you have a suggested vender/model stepper for your electronics. I want to be fair to your work.

-I will likely be purchasing the boards in the week or 2, will there be better instructions by then, or should I plan on documenting the instilation for the wiki?

Glad to hear these will be posted on the wiki, I have been wanting a good excuse to give your electronics a good second change.

Got my kit end of last week. Looks pretty good few breakages in the post but nothing I can't deal with until I can print replacements.

I was wondering if there is any ETA on finishing off the wiki instructions. I am pretty sure I can work it out but would be helpful.

Cheers

Steve
January 07, 2011 07:00PM
I have received my kit this week, but the build instructions on the wiki seem to be incomplete. Could you guys please finish updating the instructions? Thanks
I have also received the kit 2 weeks ago.
Agree with instructions wiki... i'm trying to guess most of it!
Please hurry up.
January 12, 2011 08:25PM
Well guys might be time we start documenting this ourselves. Might get some time to put it together later today. Will document what I can on the wiki.

Steve
January 14, 2011 12:00PM
Pictures of my build. Might be useful for anyone trying to put theirs together. I am getting bit bogged down on the Z-axis. Few issues, but getting there.

[dl.dropbox.com]
[dl.dropbox.com]
[dl.dropbox.com]
[dl.dropbox.com]
[dl.dropbox.com]
[dl.dropbox.com]
[dl.dropbox.com]
[dl.dropbox.com]
[dl.dropbox.com]
[dl.dropbox.com]
[dl.dropbox.com]
[dl.dropbox.com]
[dl.dropbox.com]
[dl.dropbox.com]
[dl.dropbox.com]
[dl.dropbox.com]
[dl.dropbox.com]
January 15, 2011 02:21AM
Marto, once you figure it out, give the wiki some love for the next developer who builds one, eh?grinning smiley

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
January 16, 2011 12:47AM
Ok, I have finished mechanical assembly on my kit. Now I'm trying to get the monolithic board working. Any idea where the firmware is located? I tried out of the box to move XYZ with the reprap host software with no success. LEDs lighted up thou and motors made noise but no movement.

So I assumed the firmware was not correct, (since my tip management card has a piece of paper that said I had to go to TEchzonecomcom/support and download new drivers, obviously there is no information on the monolithic link, so I checked the Generation 3 electronics link and foun and installed this firmware (The 5D_GCode_interpreter folder only) with no success either.

Checking the configuration file for the firmware above, I noticed it defines the motherboard as "RepRap Motherboard with RS485 extruders:2" however my understanding is that the monolithic is based on the sanguino. In that case, should I change that line to "Sanguino or RepRap Motherboard with direct drive extruders: 1"?

Please help.
January 16, 2011 02:40AM
Well I think I pretty much have it together mechanically. I am short about 4 bearings not sure what I did with them will order some more next week. For now I have just borrowed them from a few locations.

@ Luis I think you may have to adjust the current limiting circuit. (The pots on the board.) It sounds like they would be turned right down from the motors page and you have to adjust them to a level which allows decent torque but doesn't cause the motor to get hot enough to melt plastic.

Did you just connect up the motors? Any ideas what the wiring is for the opto stops.

Steve
January 16, 2011 07:53AM
Just tried my motors. With the stock firmware it does exactly the same as what you said. The extruder sort of works.

The firmware is up on [www.reprap.org]. I am installing the arduino software to compile and install it. Will let you know how it goes.

Steve
January 16, 2011 09:32AM
So I compiled and installed the firmware on the page from previous posts but I still can't get it to work. I try to manually move it with reprap software and the software freezes. I am not sure if this is an issue rxtx as I am using 64bit ubuntu. I have a 32bit version installed on my atom computer so will try that tomorrow night.

Steve
January 16, 2011 07:48PM
@Marto,

Lambert posted the firmware on techzonecom.com/support on the Monotronics link last night. I tried it a few minutes ago but didn't work. All I'm getting is 3 LEDs lighting up in green on the top (fan, extruder and 12V). I'm starting to suspect if my monotronics card is functional. Can you upload the firmware posted by Lambert and let me know if it works for you?

Regarding the 4 bearings you are short, I had that situation too. I called Kymberly and she promptly sent me the 4 extra bearings plus other hardware that was missing (extra washers, M4 nylocs, extra M3 Nylocs, extra 3mm x 30mm cap bolts, etc.). It turns out that the kit needs 35 bearings, but the kit only comes with 31. Even the instructions say you should have received 31. I think they forgot to count the bearings & hardware that go on the Y Iddler and Y motor mount thus the shortfall.
January 16, 2011 09:32PM
Ah ok I wasn't sure if it was just me. I have plenty of M3/M4 stuff around so its not an issue except for the bearings. I am in Aus so its probably easier/faster for me to just order them locally. I am using the firmware from that link as well. I don't really know what I am meant to be compiling so it makes it a little hard. I compiled the FiveD_GCode pde in the folder and uploaded that.

Have you tried makerbot or any other software.

Steve
January 18, 2011 10:31PM
Hi,

I have this kit as well. I have done some assembly. I'll periodically upload more images to this directory as things progress:

[www.alephobjects.com]

Presently there are only unpacking photos there. If anyone wants to grab photos from there to put in the wiki or whatever, feel free.

-Jeff Moe

P.S. I also have a Shapercube 1.0, which I have in a "just got some first prints done" state--it workz.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2011 01:07AM by jebba.
January 19, 2011 08:05AM
Success with new firmware. The are sitting there buzzing with temp monitor in them atm and I can jog them from reprap software. Should we move this discussion to Huxley sub-forum instead of clogging up the for sale thread. Mods....
April 21, 2011 08:53AM
Well Now we are in April and I just finished my build and tried to start the motors.

I am having the same issues you guys are. Z axis works fine. Extruder, X and Y are buzzing.

Is this still a firmware issue? I got mine delivered by February 11th.

PLease assist!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login