Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DOES ANYONE WANT TO BUY A PROTOTYPE EXTRUDER?

Posted by mung 
DOES ANYONE WANT TO BUY A PROTOTYPE EXTRUDER?
January 31, 2011 12:39AM
I AM MAKING A NEW EXTRUDER.

I HAVE NO REPRAP EXPERIENCE AND NO MACHINE TO TEST IT ON.

IS THERE ANYONE INTERESTED IN BUYING A PROTOTYPE EXTRUDER AND GIVING ME SOME FEEDBACK ABOUT PRINTING WITH IT?

I GUESS PRICE WILL BE £30.

I AM AFRAID I DON'T WANT TO POST OUTSIDE THE UK.
Re: DOES ANYONE WANT TO BUY A PROTOTYPE EXTRUDER?
January 31, 2011 03:05AM
eye popping smiley eye rolling smiley tongue sticking out smiley

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
January 31, 2011 01:49PM
Wow...

Help improve the RepRap wiki!
Just click "Edit" in the top-right corner of the page and start typing.
Anyone can edit the wiki!
January 31, 2011 07:56PM
the extruders currently being used have undergone many evolutions or are based on the more evolved setups to get to the reliability that we are finally getting after many of us went through long and frustrating periods of extruders working for a while and then jamming or breaking...

[reprap.org]
[hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
[reprap.org]
[www.thingiverse.com]

i say don't bother, stand on the shoulders of others because it's definetely the hardest part of making a FDM/FFF machine.

if you're making another derivative, the only way you can improve it is to cut down on parts, part size and cost, add a ptfe or silicone or some high temp plastic hot end tip around the nozzle like nopheads so plastic doesn't catch onto the nozzle.

anyway 30 pounds is pretty cheap for everything for an extruder, the motor alone would be around 10, then you have a few different materials that have to be machined, the nozzle tip very precisely.

but maybe you will surprise us all and give us all something that takes reprap in a completely different direction and i will regret not sending my 30 pounds asap.
February 10, 2011 10:48AM
Thought I should say I have dumped development for a few months.

I hoped I could split development costs between a few interested people and save everyone some time and possibly money, as making parts in batches is a lot more economical.

I have lost interest and also have other things to be getting on with but will probably continue in a few months.

Anyone interested in the design can check the development thread here

If I do get any interest in the project I am afraid I will not be replying until I start again, so please don't expect anything for at least a couple of months.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login