Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[UK] £299 Full 3d printer reprap kits April 2011

Posted by progomez 
Re: [UK] £299 Full 3d printer reprap kits April 2011
June 11, 2011 07:24AM
Indead, I'll buy one when I actually see it printing ^^
The vid shouldn't be fantastic, just an example will do ;-)
June 11, 2011 12:03PM
[hackaday.com]

video and site coming soon. Want to do it properly.

Richard
June 12, 2011 05:12PM
progomez Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> [...]
> I think I will redo the IndieGoGo campaign as its
> worth the cost for the exposure.
> [...]

Talking about exposure: the other reprap that was on IndieGoGo has sold something like 100 of these machines today, due to an article today about it on Gizmodo! eye popping smiley

EDIT: I'm sure if you place a comment under the Gizmodo article, pointing to your IndieGoGo campaign (and upcoming website), that you will also be able to benefit from that exposure. Anyway, I've just ordered my sumpod on IndieGoGo! (Even while the website with more details about the print quality isn't up yet. It's just a precaution that I take in case that it's also becoming a hit: I don't want to be number #100 on the waiting list smiling smiley).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2011 06:07PM by KristofDeBuysere.
June 13, 2011 01:58PM
are you planning to release a video as soon as your website is ready? what is keeping me from pulling the trigger on this is a video. does not need to be high quality production level just a test print or first print from multiple angle will do. cheers.
June 13, 2011 04:22PM
I will release a video in the next day or so, website at the end of week, just have quite a bit of other work to do. Better be quick. I sure people will like my machine though when they see.

Richard

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2011 05:26PM by progomez.
June 14, 2011 09:18AM
Nice! Please take a good close up of the printed part; so we can actually see how good quality it is :-)
If it has good quality prints, I buy one for sure :-)
June 15, 2011 04:29PM
rubdos Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice! Please take a good close up of the printed
> part; so we can actually see how good quality it
> is :-)
> If it has good quality prints, I buy one for sure
> :-)

...and as per my email - if your design can be scaled up to a larger print area, you definitely have another sale.

Glad to see that it's taking off for you, the SumPod does look great in the photos! smiling smiley
June 17, 2011 07:34AM
Hi,

I have put a small video and photo on the indieGoGo campaign. Just a taster showing the print quality at the moment, although with everything I am still tweaking settings. Whoever buys one is getting a great machine for the price, even triple.

I have some solid red pla turning up soon so this should photo better.

Richard
June 17, 2011 02:06PM
Véry well smiling smiley
June 17, 2011 03:41PM
i appreciate the video and looking forward to those future attachment. what filament size and spec to buy that ship to canada? just bought one and can't wait for it to arrive smiling smiley. thanks.
June 17, 2011 03:56PM
Hi Sypher,

thanks for your order. I would probably buy 1.75mm PLA from Ultimachine as I find these guys are quite reliable and friendly.
One of the things on my todo list is to get a supplier of plastic. I will provide a small amount for testing and setup.

You never know, when you get the machine you could make a scanning attachment, if I haven't managed to make one.

Another benefit of my design is that because it is cnc'd there is no levelling of the platform. Ideal for pcb milling.

More to come with grand plans.

Richard
June 27, 2011 04:20PM
Hi promogez,

I see that you have uploaded a few pictures and videos to the IndieGogo site. Now we are really getting an impression of the capabilities of the printer. Very nice! Thank you for those uploads!
June 27, 2011 04:55PM
Thanks, I will be uploading more when some more pla turns up. Clear pla doesn't show up so well.

Also its capabilities as a small cnc are quite decent and not really shown off yet. Its slow going but I want to make sure the shipped units are the best they can be, as I'm in this for the long term.

I do think its going to be the best machine out there, although the price may have to go up as I think I am underpricing it.

Richard

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2011 06:48AM by progomez.
I am interested in getting the full kit. Wondering where I need to go to get this.
July 03, 2011 09:11AM
Hi,

full kits can be preordered at [www.indiegogo.com]

Thanks

Richard
July 09, 2011 08:27AM
What a beautiful machine!
July 12, 2011 07:16AM
Any more pictures of things this has printed? I am interested in how accurate it is.
July 13, 2011 02:20AM
Hey guys

Extremely interested in this printer, can someone explain what indiegogo actually is?

If I buy a printer, am I guaranteed one? or does a certain number have to be reached?

Looks like a great machine

Josh
July 13, 2011 02:29AM
[www.indiegogo.com]

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
"I have been asked what if the goal is not reached. The goal will allow me to take a small profit from each machine, by bulk buying but I have made sure that the price quoted is one that would ensure a machine to all participants regardless of goal. It was never my intention to make a massive profit from each machine but with success will bring a small profit ensuring that I strive for a quality product."
July 13, 2011 10:46AM
Sorry for slow replies, quite busy. Thank you Magog for answering the question about the goal.

I will be doing more videos, pictures and making the website better (SUMPOD.COM.)

Richard
July 13, 2011 07:47PM
hi, nice website and video. just missing the technical spec for me. nozzle head that it shipped with print resolution etc.. gonna changed my order and go with 1.75mm PLA instead.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2011 05:48PM by sypher.
Hello!
I'm interested in getting a full 3d printer kit. Are you kits ready for sale? Contact me via e-mail, please. ircusg@gmail.com
July 27, 2011 04:08AM
Hi,

we have a new redesigned website up at SUMPOD.COM. Unfortunately the first campaign has ended but we will be running another soon.

Thanks

Richard
Simple question. I would love you to tell me I can buy one today. Can I?
July 30, 2011 05:48AM
Shortly you will be able to buy one. Just making sure of suppliers etc.

thanks

Richard
HI there, This machine looks like a dream come true. could it be possible to pick it up in person in the UK like in your last campaign?

thanks
August 01, 2011 06:36PM
hi,

Actually this time I won't be able to let buyers pick up the machine but by the end of the new campaign I will hopefully be in the 700sq ft unit.

Thanks

Richard
Hi Progomez,

I am interested in your £299 Full 3d printer reprap kits. Can you forward me your full name and details and a full Postal address in the UK for warding payment to you and photo's of your kit and the system as fully build. Can you forward the kit now or not. There seem to have be a lot of delays, what is the reason for this?

I very much look forward to hearing from you further.

All the best

Sean Parry
August 25, 2011 05:23PM
I am very interested in this project and would like to ask you if you would like a website done for this project. I am an experienced web-developer and I am willing to do this for free to help you along. Post back if you are interested. At these prices, I can see your project becoming very big.yawning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login