Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Brass Heater block (UK) £6 or £8 with resistor

Posted by AgeingHippy 
Brass Heater block (UK) £6 or £8 with resistor
March 10, 2011 09:23AM
Hi All

I am selling Brass heater blocks (as pioneered by Nophead).

The brass is 18mm x 18mm by approx 9mm.

Threaded for M6 barrels
With a 5mm diameter hole for the resistor
With a 2.5mm recess (approx 4mm deep) for the standard thermistor

Block only is £6 + postage (58p for 2'nd class)

Block + resistor + 2 bootlace ferrules to connect the resistor to your wires £8 + postage (58p for 2'nd class) - I only have 4 of these currently available.

I can do a different hole for the thermistor on request (or even leave it out completely). You can also request a different diameter hole for your resistor if you already have one.

photo to follow shortly.

Please PM me if you wish to order one.

Cheers

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2011 07:12AM by AgeingHippy.
Re: Brass Heater block (UK)
March 10, 2011 11:31AM

"I am selling Brass heater blocks (as pioneered by Nophead)

Except I use aluminium because it is cheaper, lighter, more conductive and warms up faster (lower heat capacity). I don't know why everybody else uses brass, but you are in good company: Adrian, Brian, Wolfgang, et al.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
Re: Brass Heater block (UK)
March 10, 2011 12:38PM
smiling smiley

I appreciate Aluminium is cheaper, but I have brass in stock from when I tooled up to make my own heater block.

Perhaps if there is a sustainable market for me to produce heater blocks then I may source some aluminium and give people a choice... but for now I need to recover my equipment and materials costs.

Also - brass looks niiice winking smiley

What is the expansion difference between aluminium and brass? This may (or may not) be relevant if using a brass barrel and an aluminium block. Maybe the expansion is so small that the difference does not matter. In which case it would be better if brass expands more than aluminium - giving you a tighter fit = better heat transfer as the aluminium block heats up.
Re: Brass Heater block (UK) £6 or £8 with resistor
March 11, 2011 08:02AM
I was feeling somewhat uncomfortable with the pricepoint I chose, so I have changed my non-ebay prices to £6 for just the block and £8 for block+extras.

(as apposed to the original £8 and £10 I posted yesterday)

When I place it on ebay I may increase the price sligthly to make up for the listing charges and 10% sales price charges....
March 29, 2011 04:49AM
bump
April 19, 2011 09:23AM
I'm sorry. I thought this was on another forum. I didn't realize that this is the For Sale forum. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2011 09:25AM by brnrd.
May 13, 2011 03:40AM
bump
Do you still have these heat blocks for sale do you have a photo.
Can you email me details to: benetanser@live.com
Thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login