Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[UK] Complete, built Mendel - ready to print!

Posted by SimonRafferty 
[UK] Complete, built Mendel - ready to print!
April 01, 2011 08:36PM
I built a Mendel last year using a kit of parts printed by Adrian B on the first Mendel. It was built using all Stainless nuts, bolts, washers & studding. It's using Makerbot V3 Electronics and thick sheet parts laser cut from Polycarbonate.

It has Adrians Geared Extruder with a PTFE lined PEEK barrel and Resistor based heater all designed to be easily dismantled. I'm running a 0.5mm nozzle at the moment - but the nozzle is just a drilled M6 cap-nut so easy to replace or change. It also has the spring loaded tensioner modification.

The printing deck is made from very flat 3mm Aluminium on easy to remove mountings.

I also have another three sets of the thick sheet parts which I intended to list on here - but never quite got round to it which I'll chuck in. You can eBay them or whatever.

Unfortunately, (actually, it's quite good!) my business has really taken off in the last 12 months and I have not had the time to play with it & get the settings right for good quality, reliable printing.

At the moment, the business really needs a 3D printer more than a project - so today we bought a a more 'Grown-Up' 3D printer.

It is therefore with some regret, I'm offering my Mendel. I'll post some photographs next week once Camera, Printer & me come together.

The printer is located in the UK but I can ship worldwide with FedEx (at cost).

It's a nice example of a Mendel printer. The print quality of the parts it's made from is very high (Well done Adrian!).

I don't want to list it on eBay as it tends to attract the 'hard of thinking' too much. I've no idea what it's worth or even what they cost to build these days - but I'm open to offers!

Si

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2011 08:37PM by SimonRafferty.
Are you from the south of england? If so I'm fairly interested.

I'd like to give this a try as an education for my son.

Michael
Re: [UK] Complete, built Mendel - ready to print!
April 02, 2011 10:16AM
West Sussex, 8 miles from Gatwick Airport to be precise!

Si
Good. I'm from West Sussex too, Worthing to be exact.

What price range are you looking for?

Michael
April 02, 2011 11:20AM
An offer which will make both of us happy!

You can work out roughly what it would cost to build.

Si
Can someone tell me what a reasonable price is for an item such as this.

I'm new to this and quite naive.

I was thinking of £400 as it's second hand (but it's also already built?)

Am I in the right ballpark?

Michael
April 03, 2011 09:48AM
His is very much like mine, only difference is mine has Gen6 which are ghost quite and he has Gen3 which is a bit louder

[cgi.ebay.com]

I am at $812 right now, I would say what ever I get should be around what his is worth

repraplogphase.blogspot.com
April 04, 2011 04:50AM
That sold for nearly $1500 - or a little over £800.

I might not be expecting quite that much - but £400 is on the low side.

Si
michaeljjj
April 08, 2011 05:24PM
OK. Thanks everyone.

I better keep saving up, week by week.

Michael
April 08, 2011 07:18PM
If you feel like making another offer after you have saved up a little - I would be receptive!

New machine turns up in three weeks and I'll need the space on my desk!

Si
Xilith117
October 06, 2011 11:42PM
Did u ever sell this?
October 07, 2011 04:20AM
Nope! It's still sat on the desk next to the new printer and not been touched since April - Sadly.

I don't know what built Mendels sell for these days - but I'd be happy with that minus the cost of the latest generation of electronics as an offer. That will make getting it up & running much easier rather than trying to find legacy software for a Gen 3 system.

Si
So are we talking £520 ?

Regards,

Joe
October 13, 2011 07:14AM
£520 would be fine - and I'll throw in the delivery for free (within mainland UK). I'll also throw in some filament and spares.

email me at simon.rafferty (at) x-eng.co.uk if you want to go ahead.

Si
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login