Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[UK] Sub £300 ($475) 3D printer FULL kits

Posted by jmgiacalone 
[UK] Sub £300 ($475) 3D printer FULL kits
May 19, 2011 08:17AM
After months of development and testing, the eMAKER Huxley 3D printer is now ready for a limited run of 100 machines as part of our beta test program.

This beta program is being run as an indiegogo crowd funding campaign, and you can find all details here.

Details and full instructions, as well as design files and all software will be published on our website in due course.

Any questions, please get in touch via email [email protected]

eMAKER-blue-2.png

[emaker.io]

[emaker.limited]
Re: [UK] Sub £300 ($475) 3D printer FULL kits
May 24, 2011 02:51PM
im very interested in this offer but what is the timeline on the first machines being sent out, as well what happens if you do not sell all 100 machines by the end of your campaing?
May 24, 2011 03:14PM
Hello,

The plan is to order all of the machined parts at the end of the campaign. So in the 5th week after that, I will ship the first 8 machines, and average 5 per week thereafter. Machines will be shipped to backers in the order in which people invested, and shipping will be charged at cost based on location.

If I do not sell all 100 machines, the campaign will still go ahead, but I may have to do some of the machining in-house rather than sub-contracting. It makes a huge price difference when you order 100 parts to be machined rather than say 10. So this may take a little longer, although I will keep everyone informed of progress through my blog on eMAKERshop

eMAKER-blue-2.png

[emaker.io]

[emaker.limited]
June 03, 2011 04:19PM
hi, any plan on adding a 3d scanner attachment and where can i buy the filament?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2011 04:22PM by sypher.
June 03, 2011 04:41PM
Hello,
A 3D scanner attachment would be cool, but it would certainly be a way off.

Filament is already available from a number of reprap related websites, but we are also in talks with suppliers of consistently high quality filament, so watch this space.

eMAKER-blue-2.png

[emaker.io]

[emaker.limited]
June 09, 2011 07:47AM
Only 20 days left to purchase an eMAKER Huxley kit.

See our indiegogo campaign for more information.

eMAKER-blue-2.png

[emaker.io]

[emaker.limited]
June 09, 2011 09:35AM
Ah, that's really too bad I didn't notice this possibility before buying a techzone Huxley kit.
Your kit seems to include so much more (SD card, heated bed, springs on the extruder, included filament sample...) for about the same price.

Did you/will you release the specs, I would be interested in examining details ?
June 09, 2011 09:41AM
That is a shame.

I am slowly releasing all of the details, however I have taken on a lot of work at the moment, so it won't be complete for a couple of weeks yet.

eMAKER-blue-2.png

[emaker.io]

[emaker.limited]
Re: [UK] Sub £300 ($475) 3D printer FULL kits SOLD OUT
June 12, 2011 05:38PM
These kits have now SOLD OUT.

Once the beta program is complete, we will list the eMAKER Huxley kits for sale on eMAKERshop.

eMAKER-blue-2.png

[emaker.io]

[emaker.limited]
June 13, 2011 02:05PM
Due to overwhelming demand we have re-opened the campaign to offer a second round of pre-sale units! This second round of units will ship after the initial round of 150 beta units has been fulfilled, and before the official product releases to the public in the fall of 2011.

See our indiegogo campaign page for more information.

eMAKER-blue-2.png

[emaker.io]

[emaker.limited]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login