Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[USA] Cast Reprap Mendel Plastic Pieces

Posted by FrankNeon 
[USA] Cast Reprap Mendel Plastic Pieces
May 27, 2011 03:56PM
Full set of cast Sells Mendel pieces, pre-drilled and ready to assemble. These are made to order and quality is guaranteed. These have already been tested and assembled by our local RUG and the quality is great. I ask that you allow two weeks for the parts to ship, and will keep you in full contact during the process, including "birth photos" if you like. eye popping smiley

You can order from the link below or PM me.
[www.handmadecircuits.com]
Attachments:
open | download - DSC01811.JPG (165.9 KB)
Hello,

I would like to build a Mendel, so I am looking for a full set of parts for it. Do you have any for sale?

Best,
Phillip Howard Daniel
Re: [USA] Cast Reprap Mendel Plastic Pieces
May 29, 2011 02:48PM
I certainly do If you like you can order from the link I provide above, or you can PM me to organize payment.
May 30, 2011 10:03AM
FrankNeon:
“…including "birth photos" if you like”

Just curious, are they the long-form? smiling smiley
May 30, 2011 11:56AM
Uh oh, Tony wants to see how the magic happens. Well, sit down young man and I'll tell ya about the Part A's and the B's. smiling smiley
May 30, 2011 10:03PM
plastic parts for sale
[shop.ebay.com]
May 30, 2011 10:16PM
Hi Snoopy,

I will ask you not to post in this thread advertising pieces for sale anymore. My foremost concern is that when people who have bought parts from me might search here looking for support and your post will create confusion. Also your parts are not cast, and while I might understand us all giving support as a community for cast products, your product does not apply to this specific process. I suggest that you either maintain your own for sale forum topics or create a new on of your own.

Regards,
David
June 08, 2011 04:57PM
Thanks to all that have ordered, please let me know how you like the parts, and don't hesitate to give me feedback on anything. Soon pre-cast and drilled parts will be listed as individual items on the website.

-David
June 11, 2011 02:41PM
I have dropped the price a bit, and added pre-drilling the remaining holes as an option. Anyone who has ordered thus far will have their pieces pre-drilled.

Regards,
David
June 21, 2011 02:54AM
Hello from sunny Greece!!

I would like to ask if you still make parts for a mendel and specially the classic mendel (these parts: [www.reprap.org])...

I have started the whole project of building one in Greece, I bought the hardware parts, the motors etc but the printed parts are too expensive...

Also is it possible to ship them in Greece??

Thanks in advance and sorry for all these questions!

Cheers smileys with beer
John
June 21, 2011 11:31AM
Hi there!

I can ship to Greece, the calculated international flat rate is $45.50.

I have adjusted my rates so that the pieces are also cheaper, ($75) if you have access to a drill press. If you would like me to drill the pieces for you, the cost is $85.

Let me know!

-David
June 21, 2011 01:17PM
That's good news!

Do you have any other pictures of the parts so I can see them in close?? smiling smiley
June 21, 2011 01:48PM
I've added a few more pictures of a set that I just cast and pre-drilled. They are all individual photos, not assembled as a printer yet. These should give you an idea of the detail.

[www.handmadecircuits.com]

Regards,

David
June 21, 2011 02:02PM
Thank you for the fast replies David!!!

Just a couple more questions and I think I'll place an order!

1. How long will it take you to make and drill the pieces (days/weeks)??

2. You will make all the pieces of the photo of the original Mendel I attached you on my previous message? I mean you will include the pieces so I can make eg an extruder, and if yes, which extruder? The classic one or the Wade's Geared Extruder??

I just want to be sure on what to expect, because I have a limited budget sad smiley

Thanks again for the replysmileys with beer!
John
June 21, 2011 02:42PM
Currently I have not been shipping with an extruder mount for the sole reason that some extruder motors and insulators can get hot, and cause the mount to warp and cause further harm to your printer. Each set does come with replacement pieces for a Wade's extruder, which I would recommend being printed in ABS for the best heat tolerance. To clarify, the sets that I cast come with all of the pieces you linked, minus the extruder mount, unless you would like to try to experiment with a cast Wade's mount. Thank you for your questions, it is helping me gain insight into what questions people might have that I can address in the future.

Each set is made to order, and will ship within 14 days of purchase.

Thank you for your questions, it is helping me gain insight into what questions people might have that I can address in the future.

*As a note to anyone who has received parts and was expecting an extruder mount, please let me know and I will cast one for you. All that I ask is that you please cover shipping.*

Regards,

David
June 22, 2011 12:45AM
what are you casting in? how long has it been printing for?
June 22, 2011 12:58AM
We've been casting with Smooth On 326 urethane resin. Regarding how long these have been printing for, I am unsure as to how to respond, can you clarify the question?
June 22, 2011 02:04AM
just wondering if you have a printer made from these cast parts that is actually printing and if so for how long?
June 22, 2011 02:30AM
We have been producing these cast sets of pieces in our Reprap User Group since March 2011 and the first five to be assembled mechanically are waiting for us to assemble the electronics as a group.

All of them conform structurally to the specifications on the wiki. As far as the quality of the pieces, they are verbatim clones of printed pieces, and will not affect the ability of these printers to productively print pieces.
June 22, 2011 05:36AM
*** EDIT *** Having some seconds thoughts about how good will be the parts with the heat that will be created from the motor after a couple of hours of use...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2011 11:52AM by stam.
June 22, 2011 05:44AM
they should work fine, you can buy harder resins though that i would consider for the extruder smaller gear and the gears to drive the belts. especially the extruder smaller gear because of the pressure it takes to extrude and how hot the motor gets. Also for attaching the gears to the motor shafts casting with a nut embedded is ideal over tapping the plastic itself. best of luck
June 22, 2011 08:18AM
We are always trying to make what we do better, and thank you for the advice. I always like shopping for materials. I've just received some Onyx 385 from smooth on that has a higher heat dissipation, and if it tests well, will be the new extruder material that we use to cast various extruders.

Regards,
David
June 22, 2011 08:31AM
something i've been wanting to try is mixing resin with aluminum powder:

[www.barnes.com.au]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login