Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gen 3 extruder board

Posted by HereIgoAgain 
Gen 3 extruder board
February 03, 2012 04:47PM
Alas, once again I believe I have done in my Gen 3 extruder. Anyone have one they're willing to part with.
Re: Gen 3 extruder board
February 03, 2012 08:35PM
I have a techzone gen3 remix extruder board that I blew a mosfet on. I just changed the heater output to another channel so it was still usable. If you have a busted gen3 board, you could probably just replace the mosfet with one of yours.

I havent used it in over a year though. You might want to consider RAMPS instead.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/03/2012 08:36PM by Greg Frost.
February 04, 2012 07:34AM
Hi Greg,
I am in the process of building a Prusa. I'm going to purchase Ramps for that but since I have the old gen 3 on my Mendel I thought I'd leave that (at least for now, if possible). I'd be interested in your board. Which inputs did you change you're extruder to, and did you need to make any changes in the software ? Let me know what you want for it.

thanks
February 04, 2012 04:54PM
Its a while ago now, but as I recall, I just changes the pin number for the extruder heater pin in pins.h.
How does $10+postage sound? Where are you based? Im in Au.
February 04, 2012 05:19PM
sounds great. Do you have paypal ?

Let me know how you want to be paid and what the shipping will be. Looks like our dollars are worth about the same.

and thanks!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2012 06:37AM by HereIgoAgain.
February 04, 2012 06:17PM
Here is the board. It also has a thermocouple module if you want that (and if you use techzone's firmware, or have some other firmware that supports MAX6675 thermocouples).

If I can get them to accept it as an envelope (i.e. if it is thin enough) the postage will be $5 otherwise $11.

Still interested?
February 05, 2012 07:59AM
Hmmm after seeing this board, I think it may be more of a problem making that work with my old Gen 3 makerbot electronics than I want to try and figure out. thanks anyway Greg. Guess I'll just go with 2 sets of ramps.
February 05, 2012 03:41PM
that's probably smartest
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login