Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[Brazil, Latin America] Wanted full set of Mendel plastic parts.

Posted by froyd42 
[Brazil, Latin America] Wanted full set of Mendel plastic parts.
August 16, 2010 01:10PM
Hello,
I'm planning on building a RepRap, is there anybody near Brazil who owns one and/or is willing to make and sell/lend me a full set os parts? I don't own a very large pile of money so it will be hard for me to pay anything too expensive like the commercial sets available.

I'm also interested in individual parts as long as there is as much people to sell me all of them.

I want one so I can build another for my college, UFMG, where I think it will be very productive to have it.

Thanks in advance,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2010 01:14PM by froyd42.
Re: [Brazil, Latin America] Wanted full set of Mendel plastic parts.
August 16, 2010 02:33PM
Have you considered a WolfStrap?

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
August 16, 2010 05:07PM
Yes I have, I figure I don't have much chance of finding someone willing to sell the parts to me around here and would have to be very lucky to find someone willing to lend me them. But it would be very nice (and would save a lot of work) to build directly a Mendel, but the WolfStrap is my second option.
August 16, 2010 05:57PM
froyd42, once you decide on the Cartieasian bot you are going to put together, PM me and I will send you an extruder for free, Wades or Prinstruder (you will of course need to cover shipping and fees). You just have to promise to give away 2 of them. smiling smiley

repraplogphase.blogspot.com
August 16, 2010 06:20PM
@spacexula Of course!

That's what the project is all about, right? Helping people build their own RepRaps so everyone has means of building their own. I will build one along with a friend and, if everything goes as planned, we can start a local RUG and I am willing to give away every repreppable part I can make, and all the support I can give, so we can have more people around here developing and improving the RepRap.

Thank you very much.
August 16, 2010 06:33PM
I should have a mini Mendel to loan out by soon (this or next week, I am working 30 hours overtime this week at work, so my printing is now down to 3 hours a day sad smiley, but 800 more dollars smiling smiley .

Can you afford the non RP parts at this time? For a Mini you would at minimum need.

$45 3 nema 14 motors
$15 1 nema 17 motor or $20 1 Kysan gear motor
$100 (4 Polulu 1 Arduino) - $200 Makerbot Gen 3
$50 bearings
$50-$75 Screws smooth/threaded rod
$10 PFTE tubing
$25 Hot end parts

I really only want to loan to someone ready to jump onto the project.

August 18, 2010 07:42PM
Spacexula, we don't have all the money. But we intend to take our time making the parts, but starting now with the circuit boards. The plan is to buy everything slowly over time, as it is somewhat expensive for two students to buy many parts, and many are hard-to-find around here.

Can I still contact you when we need the parts?
August 18, 2010 08:29PM
froyd42,

Do the architecture or engineering departments have laser cutters or large cnc routers?

Also, do you know how to use a table saw or drill press?

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
August 20, 2010 05:18PM
Absolutely smiling smiley.

If you have access to work working tools WolfStrap is a great idea.

If you have access to a laser cutter A non HomeMakerBot is a good idea.

Mendel from RP is really only a good idea if you have access to someone who has an operational RP machine, can find a loaner set, or if you have money smiling smiley.

August 20, 2010 08:52PM
SebastienBailard,

Not sure about the CNC, but no accesible laser cutters. Still, it is an independent project and, before making the one for the college, we want one for ourselves. I have little to none experience with a table saw but I can use the drill press.

At this time we are starting the making of the circuit boards, we intend to save a lot of money making them ourselves as we are both Electrical Engineering students. We still have some time but we are considering designing a strap made from whatever we can easily find here.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login