Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[USA] WTB Fully assembled printer

Posted by hendo420 
[USA] WTB Fully assembled printer
March 03, 2013 05:23AM
I need a printer that will work out of the box. Or as close as "out of the box" as possible.

I need atleast a 8" x 8" print area and able to achieve layer thickeness of 0.1mm
Preferably 1.75mm filament size.

Ive been looking at quite a few 3d printers and most have a long (8-10) week lead time. I cant wait that long, im impatient. The only one I have found that would be here within 2 weeks is a RapidBot 3.0 from makemendel.com, I cant find any reviews on them so if anyone knows anything about them let me know.

Hit me up with offers. grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2013 05:24AM by hendo420.
Re: [USA] WTB Fully assembled printer
March 04, 2013 09:24PM
LulzBot can get one to you overnight if you want one fast. Or just UPS Ground, for a reasonable cost. lulzbot.com. It works best with 3mm filament.
March 05, 2013 07:02PM
I checked out lulzbot.com when I was doing my shopping. $1700 is a bit pricy for me.

I went ahead and ordered a Rapidbot 3.0 They said it will ship out in 4 days and take 3-4 days DHL to get here. So im expecting my printer to be here by the end of next week.

Total spent $1019 and it comes assembled with 1kg of Black PLA. That includes shipping.

My order number is something like 3000000005 which makes me oh so confident /sarcasm.

I ordered with paypal so I'm not to worried. If it doesnt show up, I file a dispute. if it is missing parts or doesnt work for some reason and they dont take care of it, I open a dispute.

I will update this thread when I get my printer in. That way there will be atleast 1 review of the Rapidbot 3.0 on the internet. grinning smiley
March 05, 2013 09:22PM
Actually you can file a dispute even if he delivered as promised. You can actually break the machine and claim that it's defective. The seller really have no protection at all.
March 05, 2013 10:16PM
The only place that the buyer has no protection at all and giving the seller 0 risk is at crowd funding places such as kickstarter or indiegogo. If the seller decides to under promise the deliveriables and in some cases not to deliver the promises at all, the buyer really can't do anything about it.
March 06, 2013 12:06AM
WOW, they shipped my assembled printer already. 1 day after payment. I was quoted 3-4 day lead time. grinning smiley

They said that DHL should take 3-4 days, so I may have my printer by the weekend. Hot damn!!
March 07, 2013 06:03PM
My Rapidbot 3.0 Arived at 2:30 today.

It was very well packaged. The first thing I noticed once I got it out of the box and did my initial check of everything b4 pluging it in was there were a bunch of loose screws. I think they hand tightned them but didnt fully tighten them, this should have been cought in quality controll -.-

I spent 20 mins tightining everything. I realized it is missing a screw on one of the motors. 3 screws will have to be enough to hold it.

My first print came out looking great. I printed a guitar pick and it was almost flawless except for a little bit of warping.

I quickly switched over to the abs fillament I purchased to make more pics. Who doesnt need picks, am i right?

The ABS wouldnt stick to the print bed. I checked the bed temp, it was only 45c. the bed temp was set for 100c wth. I'm waiting for their customer service to wake up so i can figure this out.

Also i cant seem to reset the home position. I had to take out the homeing part in the start up gcode and manually home it. When i let it home itself it puts the extruder under the bed level and binds it up. If anyone can help me with this issue let me know.

Having a great time playing with it, but need to fix some issues.
Any updates? Did you fix the homing issue? I want to buy from them.
I am located in LA I have about 5 refurbished printers.8186608550.
Hello

I m interested in rapidbot 3.0 . Please tell about printing result of rapidbot 3.0

Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login