Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WTB] Complete Kit - EU

Posted by Șap7e 
[WTB] Complete Kit - EU
May 22, 2013 06:38PM
Hello,
For a few weeks I am searching and searching and so on, for a printer.
I need a full kit, because I am a beginner and dont have a great experience with electronics. I am working in Sketchup and Solidworks, and played with Cura and Slic3r, but all I need is a printer.
I want to use in to make a living by rapid prototyping different projects for small business.
I looked at: 1 - a MendelMax on reprap.cc, but the build size is small - 200x200x135.
2 - Rostock Max, but it is a beta machine and dont know how reliable it is for a beginner
3 - Orca and Luna look good, but the lead time is 4-7 weeks on the site, but really it starts from 10 weeks.
4 - Ultimaker is not quite open for upgrades
5 - I can get a Mega Prusa with a build are of 290x290x200 with Megatronics and Pololu DRV8825, but i cannot find printed parts for 12mm rods, because I want it to be really steady, like a MendelMax.
If someone can help me with a printer or some oppinions, it will be great. I can travel in Germany and Austria to get the printer.
Re: [WTB] Complete Kit - EU
May 23, 2013 02:28AM
sunnysmile Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> printing china is a good place to know about china
> and also where you can turn to when encountering
> some technical printing issues.

yes, of course I will listen to a first-post-er wich sends me to a china website that has no connection with 3D printing.
yes, of course hot smiley

EDIT: Good morning, any useful tips for me?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2013 02:30AM by Șap7e.
May 23, 2013 02:57AM
I can't comment on any other printer as I only have ever had one, which was nophead's Mendel90. I can't praise nophead and the printer highly enough. It's priced very well, comes with everything you need labeled perfectly, with clear concise instructions. I was completely new to 3D printing and was worried about being dropped in the deep end, but starting with a kit like nophead's, meant I started off on the right foot.

When first looking a buying a printer I was so preoccupied with looking for the biggest build area I could, and what a mistake that was, I'm glad I wound my neck in and made the right choice in the end. 200x200x200 is more than enough for most people, I'm yet to want to print anything that even comes close, going any bigger would have been a waste of money.

The only upsetting (not really) thing is when I search around I see people having fun, printing off all sort of upgrades and mod's to improve their printer. With the Mendel90 there isn't, and that I believe due to it being such a great printer to begin with. Mod's,etc.. only seem to exist when you want to change extruders or reels.

To summerise: buying nophead's kit was probably the best decision I have made in a long time.

(btw: I'm only a previous customer and have no other link to nophead)
May 23, 2013 02:48PM
Thank you for the sugestion. I tried to contact nophead but no answer, I will wait a few days.
His Mendel90 looks verry good and it was on my list from the beginning but the last post on his blog is from dec. 2012.
I hope he is ok.
May 24, 2013 04:24AM
He's definitely about as I've seen some recent posts, and by the sounds of it, he's been shifting kits constantly. I can imagine he's very very busy. I would recommend emailing him but as with anyone in demand it could take a little while to get an answer.
May 24, 2013 06:36AM
I already talked to his wife(i hope I am not wrong) and got a lot of information. Now all i have to do is to pay for the kit grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login