Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Want to buy a high-precision RepRap in Spain

Posted by unity100 
Want to buy a high-precision RepRap in Spain
November 17, 2013 08:11AM
Hi people !

i'm new, and i live in madrid, spain. I want to buy a high precision reprap in spain, full kit. I dont have experience with 3d printers before and im a beginner, but i am software developer and had engineering training (not software engineering).

can anyone supply me some kit which i can plug in and start printing stuff to get me started with learning ?

i want it to be high precision (preferably 0.1 mm layer thickness or better) so i can get on with serious stuff after i learned it enough.

Please quote me some prices and if not, some pointers.
Re: Want to buy a high-precision RepRap in Spain
November 18, 2013 06:48AM
I have not tried this printer personally, but heard good things about it (and is made in spain) : [www.marchatechnology.es]

Assuming it come already assembled (please check my spanish is bad), the price is not that high.

Most of my technical comments should be correct, but is THIS one ?
Anyway, as a rule of thumb, always double check what people write.
November 18, 2013 11:04PM
$1399 ~ eu - thats freaking expensive, man.

also im looking for something soundly based on reprap. i dont want to go too custom.
November 19, 2013 01:11PM
High-precision is an elusive concept, almost any RepRap printer can do 0.1mm layers but printing times will go up as layer height is reduced.

Cheapest ready-to-use commercial printer in Spain I'd say it is mini UP! 3D at around 850€ ($1150 taxes included).

If you are looking for something below that price range you'll have to go DIY or find a used RepRap.
November 19, 2013 01:23PM
misan
High-precision is an elusive concept, almost any RepRap printer can do 0.1mm layers but printing times will go up as layer height is reduced.

Cheapest ready-to-use commercial printer in Spain I'd say it is mini UP! 3D at around 850€ ($1150 taxes included).

If you are looking for something below that price range you'll have to go DIY or find a used RepRap.

yeah i thought of DIY, but i thought if i collected parts from here and there, there may be issues in tolerance of the resulting machine due to tolerances and machining of all the pieces being different. (because the were made by other people). you know, its hard to fit pieces manufactured by many different vendors in manufacturing.

used reprap may be an option.
November 19, 2013 01:26PM
I think you should have a look at a reprap from someone in Madrid (you could ask in the Spanish forum). It may surprise you how well these machines can work (sometimes better than commercial ones).
November 19, 2013 01:52PM
misan
I think you should have a look at a reprap from someone in Madrid (you could ask in the Spanish forum). It may surprise you how well these machines can work (sometimes better than commercial ones).

well i was intending to buy a reprap which was being sold by someone in the first place. ie, not corporate but an individual.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login