Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

extruder controller wanted

Posted by naldarn 
extruder controller wanted
October 29, 2009 10:06AM
I am close to making a cnc mill print ABS, but need an extruder controller board. If anyone has one for sale, or is willing to buy the kit from makerbot and solder it up, I would gladly pay the 45 plus shipping that they want for the fully assembled controller board. They just don't seem to get them in stock.

Peter Cauchy
Re: extruder controller wanted
October 29, 2009 05:23PM
My dorm mate and I are going to make it on DIP board, so that might be an option for you too.
You need to get an electronics supplier which has the chip in DIP version, but they seem to be no more difficult to find then the SMT version, at least here in the Netherlands.
October 29, 2009 10:24PM
A good thought, are you designing the board yourselves?
October 30, 2009 03:53AM
Well, we're going to use the same components (in DIP version) as the PCB, but we're doing the layout ourselves, yes. I haven't made one yet, sorry smiling smiley

It also allows you to strip out some things you may not use if you want to go cheap, such as the quadrature encoder if you're using a stepper motor, the I2C headers, the servo headers, and you could also replace the H-bridges with another stepper controller board (This may require firmware editing, but maybe not. Not sure yet.)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login