Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

i offer 100$ for mendel printed part

Posted by michelegirini 
i offer 100$ for mendel printed part
January 26, 2010 04:55PM
Hi all!

I offer 100$ + shipping cost (to italy) for a complete set of all printed part for a mendel.

If u want to sell printed part to me, contact me to michelegirini at gmail dot com
Re: i offer 100$ for mendel printed part
January 26, 2010 09:41PM
$100 for 80+ hours worth of printing. JUST the laser cut parts for a makerbot goes for +$200 plus, Lasercut parts for a Ponoko Darwin are $300 plus. And these can be cut in about 1 hour each.

Work for full price, or free, but NEVER CHEAP.

repraplogphase.blogspot.com
January 29, 2010 08:55PM
Currently on eBay someone in Oregon is selling an approximately 75% complete set of RepRap Mendel parts:

[cgi.ebay.com]

(The calculations I did to determine how complete the set was are based on build time and extrude volume for the parts included and for a full set of Mendel parts.)

When the auction completes we'll have an approximate street value for a full set of RepRap Mendel parts: WinningBid/0.75 Actually, a full set of parts will likely demand a premium over an incomplete set because it avoids the problem of making up the remaining parts without a working Mendel. An incomplete set is of use mostly to someone with a slow RepStrap.

As of this writing the bid is $182.50(+shipping). There are over four days left on the auction. It will be interesting to see how high the bidding goes.
January 29, 2010 11:07PM
I would love to hear the story of why he is selling a 80% complete set, and not either 1 at a time, or waiting a week and printing a full set. I do fear that set going for less that $300 though.

If you add up the minutes from the Mendel RP parts more information sheet you get 60 hours for the print time (That does not count down time, misprint, or raft). That's $435 at minimum wage in the US, $556 at England's minimum wage, or $733 at Frances minimum wage.

No one is going to print Mendels at less than minimum wage consistently if that means they make less than the legal wage in their county, while eating hardware breakage.

I REALLY want RepRap to take off, and outrun RepStrap, but if Mendel parts go for $200, that means RP supply still outstrips demand, which is humorous when there is NO supply!

January 30, 2010 08:56AM
spacexula Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No one is going to print Mendels at less than
> minimum wage consistently

I hope that eventually a printer (MakerBot, RepStrap, or RepRap) will be reliable enough that it can produce parts mostly unattended. Since there is no "minimum wage" for robotic workers and no Mechanical Workers Union (yet, see [blog.makezine.com] ) I can see the price of a Mendel part set dropping well below human minimum wage.

Nobody has auctioned off a complete set of Mendel parts yet so we have no way of knowing what the market price is. I suspect that it will be somewhat less than the price of a MakerBot CupCake ($1,000) but considerably more than the price of the plastic (£20=US$32).
January 30, 2010 11:27AM
JohnWasser Wrote:
> I hope that eventually a printer (MakerBot,
> RepStrap, or RepRap) will be reliable enough that
> it can produce parts mostly unattended. Since
> there is no "minimum wage" for robotic workers and
> no Mechanical Workers Union (yet, see
> [blog.makezine.com]
> obot_uprising_agitprop.html ) I can see the price
> of a Mendel part set dropping well below human
> minimum wage.

All RepRaps are CNC machines. CNC operators make 2+ times minimum wage. You would not run a toaster unattended, you would not run a blender unattended, I don't think any RepRap printer will be different any time soon.

I remember 20 years ago you didn't turn your back on a dot matrix printer, jams where common, and that's just a cold 2d speed stamper.

The only way RP parts will be less than minimum wage would be for someone to run an RP farm. With say 5 printers all printing in parallel. But again that person would deserve more than minimum wage.

February 03, 2010 04:36PM
The eBay auction ended with a winning bid of $255. This means that at least one person would probably have paid about $340 if the set had been complete and not just 75% complete.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login