Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Any EGGS for this old CHICKEN?

Posted by rhmorrison 
Any EGGS for this old CHICKEN?
March 03, 2010 05:44AM
Just like the majority of you future reprappers I am suffering from the chicken vs egg problem. I have everything I need to build the Mendel EXCEPT for the RP parts.

I thought I would make one more try to obtain a complete set of Mendel RP parts before going the McWire route which I currently see as the best option. I also thought about going the way nophead did and bid on an XY linear table on EBay.de but didn't win the bid (it was actually bigger than I was comfortable with 600 mm by 590 mm but looked really nice)!

So is there any nice reprapper out there producing (or able to produce) a complete set of Mendel RP parts that they would be willing to sell to an old Georgia boy living in Germany ("I'm a Ramblin' Wreck from Georgia Tech and a hell of an engineer")?

If not will probably order the parts for a McWire from the German RepRap Foundation since their prices are better than what I can obtain in the hardware stores.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
VDX
Re: Any EGGS for this old CHICKEN?
March 04, 2010 04:09AM
Hi Bob,

... i'm near Frankfurt - if you're in need of something essential and can't get it otherway, i can mill it with my CNC-mill grinning smiley

The maximum working area is 550x500x90mm (most used/fixature 200x200x90mm), resolution=12.5 microns, materials=aluminium, plastics, wood, soapstone ...

The next step is applying a turning axis for the CNC-lathe, then cylindrical parts will be as easy too.

But i can't make it very fast ... have only some hours at weekends for this ...

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
March 04, 2010 04:40AM
VDX Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Bob,
>
> ... i'm near Frankfurt - if you're in need of
> something essential and can't get it otherway, i
> can mill it with my CNC-mill grinning smiley
>
> The maximum working area is 550x500x90mm (most
> used/fixature 200x200x90mm), resolution=12.5
> microns, materials=aluminium, plastics, wood,
> soapstone ...
>
> The next step is applying a turning axis for the
> CNC-lathe, then cylindrical parts will be as easy
> too.
>
> But i can't make it very fast ... have only some
> hours at weekends for this ...

Thanks for the offer although for many of the Mendel pieces this would be very difficult, HOWEVER... I have just ordered an aluminum plate on Ebay.de that I am hoping to use as a heated bed and there I will probably need some milling done. But first I have to get a Mendel (or RepStrap) built before I after worry about preparing a heated bed.

When I am at that point perhaps I could come up to Frankfurt for a couple hours on Saturday (or Sunday) and get the heated bed properly prepared. I live in Wörth am Rhein so I am around 90 minutes from Frankfurt (I used to live in Egelsbach when I was stationed at Rhein Main AB from 1982 to 1986).

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
VDX
March 04, 2010 05:21AM
Hi Bob,

... i'm living in Grosskrotzenburg, near Hanau and working in Frankfurt, so a working session will take place in Grosskrotzenburg ... but i'll have to prepare my family, as we haven't much traffic here winking smiley

Viktor
--------
Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - [reprap.org] -- Deutsche Facebook-Gruppe - [www.facebook.com]

Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - [reprap.org]
March 04, 2010 08:09AM
VDX Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ... i'm living in Grosskrotzenburg, near Hanau and
> working in Frankfurt, so a working session will
> take place in Grosskrotzenburg ... but i'll have
> to prepare my family, as we haven't much traffic
> here winking smiley

In that case it will take me 1 Stunde, 45 Minuten to get there (according to [maps.google.de]).

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
April 26, 2010 05:05PM
I´m just "down the road"=A5 in Freiburg im Breisgau.
Do you still need parts printed?

-------------------------------------------
* homeprototype free 3d design repository
* Blog
* Google+
April 27, 2010 04:41AM
No, but thanks for asking.

RepRapParts took care of my missing items.

Mendel mechanics is now completely assembled, now I must turn to the electronics and wiring.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login