Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Opto Endstops....

Posted by dig453 
Opto Endstops....
May 25, 2010 07:00PM
Hello all,

I've recently put in (and recieved) and order from MakerBot for a fully assembled 3rd generation electronics kit, under the impression that it would include all i would need to wire up my beautiful new mendel. It seems this is not the case... i am short by three opto endstops, and so i am trying to source some.

Most places in europe seem to be either out of stock or charge absurd amounts for postage. I'm also reluctant to re-order from MakerBot, as it doesn't make sense to pay $30 postage on items worth about $10.

I would be most grateful if anyone might be able to supply some (perhaps you recieved 6 in your kit, and now have three spare??), or point me in the right direction to getting hold of some.

Thanks,

Dig453
Re: Opto Endstops....
May 25, 2010 09:12PM
I don't know anyone that uses the max endstops; none of my 3 repraps use them. Do you have 3 for the Min endstops? If not, what country are you in - I have some extra optos I could sell you from Canada.
Re: Opto Endstops....
May 26, 2010 04:06AM
I used small microswitches attched to the bars with P clips. You can see them here: [hydraraptor.blogspot.com]. They have proved to be reliable and repeatable. You will need pullup resistors if you go this route as they are on the opto boards.

[www.hydraraptor.blogspot.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login