Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3d printed parts for reprap: request for subset

Posted by davidnhutch 
3d printed parts for reprap: request for subset
September 07, 2010 01:10PM
Hi, would anyone here sell me just a subset of the Mendel's plastic parts? I have most of the plastic parts however the printer I was using broke before I could print all of the parts, and now I have left that lab and no longer have access to the fixed 3d printer.

I have about 20 individual plastic parts left to print and just need someone with a printer to print these parts. I can email the .stl files to you. I can paypal payment to you when we agree upon a price

If yes, please contact me and we can figure out pricing

Thanks,

david dot n dot hutch
gmail dot com
Re: 3d printed parts for reprap: request for subset
September 07, 2010 01:40PM
David,

You're at Cornell? Try Hod Lipson's lab, home of the fab@home team:
http://www.mae.cornell.edu/lipson/
http://fabathome.org/

I'm pretty sure fab@home machines can do thermoplastic these days, along with some very nice filled epoxies;
they should be able to help you out. smiling bouncing smiley

Also, they do fun stuff over there. smiling smiley

If you don't have any luck because they're busy, try posting a wanted ad in RepRap's marketplace forum. (Lower down the page.)

-Sebastien, RepRap.org library gnome.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
September 07, 2010 01:48PM
Thanks, I've looked into it but unfortunately I can't just use their system to print my stuff.. but yes i saw the lab and they do do fun stuff :-)

So if anyone wants to make a bit of cash by printing me these 20 or so small plastic parts and sending them to me I'd appreciate it.. lemme know and I'll send you the .stl files,

Thanks
September 07, 2010 02:44PM
Thanks, I've looked into it but unfortunately I can't just use their system to print my stuff. But yes i saw the lab and they do do fun stuff :-)

Tell them, if they fab up a set of reprap parts for you, once you're up and running you'll reprap up two sets of fab@home parts for them? smileys with beer

Never mind, that would be a little cheeky, actually.

Remember, you're all RepRap developers (once you've joined the super-secret developer mailing list), and the wiki, RepRap.org, [reprap.org] is for everyone and everything! grinning smiley
September 07, 2010 04:25PM
Send me your parts list, and I'll send you a price. Figure about $60 plus shipping, unless they're all big parts.

Wade

wbortz at gmail dotcom
September 07, 2010 04:25PM
david,

I've moved this thread.

If you don't get any nibbles, look in the "parts for sale" forum and email one of them about it.

Also, I'd be honored if you join our dev list,
http://reprap.org/pipermail/reprap-dev/
and lurk, do up a set of new boards, take over the world, etc. smiling bouncing smiley

September 08, 2010 10:19PM
Thanks all,

Sorry Wade, someone else private-messaged me first, and we arranged the details, so I have found someone to do it.

I'm looking forward to having my first reprap! Thanks for your help everyone
September 09, 2010 09:31AM
I was going to offer also.

God how much this place changes in a few months. 3 folks offering to help in less than 24 hours? AWSOME

repraplogphase.blogspot.com
September 10, 2010 05:10PM
> 3 folks offering to help in less than 24 hours? AWSOME
Never gonna give you up!
I'm so proud of you guys *emotionally moved smiley*
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login