Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Looking for a RepRap in Malaysia

Posted by Jack Cope 
Looking for a RepRap in Malaysia
January 11, 2011 05:33AM
Salam all

I'm looking to build a RepRap Mendle here in Malaysia. Preferably, I'd like to buy a complete unassembled kit, build it here and then use that kit to build more RepRaps/take over the world. I don't think anyone has ever managed to build one here (I saw some people talking about it but that's all) so I hope you can all help spread this amazing idea. Please could someone quote me a price for a kit and more importantly the weight so I can sort out a courier to get it over here. Also, I may be able to get access to a laser cutter and cut my own wooden parts and acquire the motors locallyre, so if someone also has a quote for just the remaining electrical parts I'd need for that then I'd appreciate it. Thanks :-)

Jack
Re: Looking for a RepRap in Malaysia
January 11, 2011 06:10AM
The RepRap World map shows one person (MechaRep) in Kuala Lumpur building a RepStrap.

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
January 11, 2011 08:36AM
Thanks for that, I did have a look at them and their blog but they said that they were putting it 'on the back burner' and nothing has been said since, I assume it was a failed project, not looking good for me then :-S Where is the world map? It seems to have moved since I last looked, that or I'm stupid...
January 11, 2011 08:38AM
RepRap World Map

Bob Morrison
Wörth am Rhein, Germany
"Luke, use the source!"
BLOG - PHOTOS - Thingiverse
January 20, 2011 02:37AM
You can get a kit for the laser cut mendel here. You can also find just the electronics or kits with all the parts except the laser cut parts so you can assemble from your own cut parts. If you are worried about weight the huxly is a smaller machine and will weigh less for shipping. There is a kit available for that as well. Hope that helps you.
January 28, 2011 05:52AM
Hello,

We have printed parts available on eMAKERshop which would save you a lot of time cutting parts from wood. The parts are printed in white ABS on an UP 3D printer which gives very good quality prints. More details here.

eMAKER-blue-2.png

[emaker.io]

[emaker.limited]
February 11, 2011 08:49AM
I'm here in australia. not far from from malaysia(ie cheaper shipping) and I sell full complete and working prusa mendels with electronics. or I could sell it to you as a kit sans electronics. My machines are best suited for the gen 3 electronics, since I've been using a DC printruder I based designs for my extruders to avoid difficulties.
February 15, 2011 07:59PM
Thank you all, I will look through and make my decision shortly.
I recently started to build Prusa using wood, here is some of the photo of the build so far, it far from finnish, but anyway, here are the link...

[picasaweb.google.com]

I'm from Penang, Malaysia. Please let me know if there is anyone out there in penang that are build rewrap...
October 27, 2011 08:44AM
Sure, I can lend a hand if you want. I'm in KL though...
November 02, 2011 04:06PM
I sell prusa mendels and extruders for $65 plus shipping (natural ABS). I am in the U.S. Send a PM if you're interested.
thanks,
Lindsay

fabbr.com
@fabbrshop
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login