Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wanted - Z drive pulley

Posted by reece.arnott 
Wanted - Z drive pulley
February 09, 2008 09:07PM
Aaaarrrrgggghhhh!

I just snapped my Z drive pulley in half while trying to adjust my Z axis belting!

Does anyone happen to have a spare?

Vik, could you print me one off and send it to me?

I have not had a good weekend, more issues than usual. I got the X axis belting on and working, then when I got the Z axis belting on I found it wouldn't move. It also juddered things so much that the next time I turned it on I had issues with one of the Rx/Tx wires, but which one? I set that aside and got on and did the Y axis belting. Pushing it by hand it works fine.

I think I found the dodgy wiring so I went on to try and find the issue with the Z axis belting sticking. Thats when I snapped it.

Could superglue make it more fragile?

I guess I'm now going to have to find something to dissolve the superglue from the stump I've got attached to the Z drive motor.

Yes, that was a bit of rant but I'm a little frustrated with being so close to having a working Darwin!
Re: Wanted - Z drive pulley
February 10, 2008 03:08AM
If it is a clean break try to super glue the parts back together it seems to make a very strong bond as the surface area and contact between the parts is good

Ian
[www.bitsfrombytes.com]
February 10, 2008 10:34PM
Thats my backup plan :-)

The superglue also came unstuck in the juddering process and I'd just reglued it all when I ran into issues so I'd rather have a new part if someone has one spare. I'll superglue the old one back together anyway though.
February 11, 2008 04:56AM
What about using a dowel or suchlike as reinforcement?
July 24, 2008 09:54AM
I think if you were to put dowels in, they would need to be metal and you'd need several spaced equally around the part.

I don't know the strength of the material you're using but I'd expect it to break again from the tension in the belt.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login