3D Fox - Printer Controller for Android
3D Fox is an Android App to control and monitor 3D printers via Wifi, Bluetooth or USB OTG/Host port.
It is simple to use, has a clear and meaningful log screen and works great on small/inexpensive devices as well.
Developed with a Reprap Prusa i3 with Mega2560+Ramps+Marlin, Wifi module ESP8266 and BT module JY-MCU, it should work with many other HW/SW combinations.
- XYZ and extruder movements
- T1, T2 and Tbed
- Print from Android device
- Upload from Android device to SD
- Print from SD
- Custom buttons
- Log screen, large and easy to read
- Wifi connection.
- Web interface to monitor printer and to upload/print files from your PC/Tablet browser over the network.
- Take back control of SD card printing jobs after connection with the printer is lost. You can use this feature to manager several printers with the same device.
- Transfer speed is 2-3 times faster than most of the other Android apps out there, a must for printing objects with a lot of small moves, or when using Bluetooth communication.
- Android device must have a USB OTG/Host port
- Supported printer USB-to-serial chips:
- CDC ACM (eg Arduino Mega)
- FTDI (eg Melzi, Sanguinololu)
- CP210X, PL2303
Wifi module ESP-01 (ESP8266 chip) successfully tested:
- Hardware: ESP-01 + Arduino adapter
- Firmware: transparent bridge 'esp-link' by JeeLabs
- Baud rate: 250000.
- Upload speed: 1 MB transferred in 100 s (with Mega2560+Marlin), comparable to USB connection speed.
- Antenna: performances boosted with this improvement
- Bluetooth module JY-MCU connection and configuration