This page is a list of all RepStraps. (See the Glossary#RepStrap for a definition).
A RepStrap is a open-hardware rapid prototyping machine which is made by fabrication processes which aren't under the RepRap umbrella yet. You can build a 3D printer using a tablesaw, or using a lasercutter, and use this to make fun, beautiful, useful things.
Like RepRap parts, of course!
This page is necessarily less structured than the other Builder's Wiki pages, as it depends much more on the particular RepStrap being described.
Please create a link below for your RepStrap like this example entry:
But replace "My Web Site" with the name of your RepStrap:
[http://www.my-web-site-address.example.com/page.html My Web Site]
If there is a page on the RepRap wiki that describes a RepStrap but is not listed on this page,
please edit that page and put the
category:RepStrap tag on it.
Then the wiki will automatically display a link to that page at the bottom of this page.
- Consider merging this section into What Tooling Do You Have.
There are several possible approaches to building and using a RepStrap. Some alternatives are:
- I want a Mendel, I can't get Mendel-printed parts, *and* I want some other machine that can do a few things better or faster than a Mendel.
- I want a Mendel, I can't get Mendel-printed parts, so I want a cheap, flimsy bootstrap machine that only needs to hold together long enough and with barely enough precision to print the parts for a complete Mendel. There are two approaches:
- a flimsy, slow, low-resolution device roughly similar to a Mendel, that is adequate for making slightly higher precision and more robust parts, that is gradually upgraded piece-by-piece until it *becomes* a Mendel.
- a flimsy, slow, low-resolution device that may or may not look anything like a Mendel, but is adequate for printing *all* the parts for a complete Mendel. Perhaps a MillStrap#Really_small_mill. Once the Mendel is up and running, the entire bootstrap device is disassembled and recycled.
- I want a RepRap 3D printer, can't afford or do not have access to Mendel printed parts, and want to build it from scratch with no intention to replace or upgrade to Mendel
We are currently collaborating on an improved bootstrap process at Development:McWire Successor.
Developer's personal blogs and content about RepStrap
News: [Kent's strapper CNC]
RepStraps that are properly categorized on the RepRap wiki
This category has the following 13 subcategories, out of 13 total.
Pages in category "RepStrap"
The following 92 pages are in this category, out of 92 total.