The DRV8825 is a 1/32 microstepping stepper motor driver devolped by Texas Instruments.
The DRV8825 provides an integrated motor driver solution for printers, scanners, and other automated equipment applications. The device has two H-bridge drivers, and can drive a bipolar stepper motor or two DC motors. The output driver block for each consists of N-channel power MOSFET’s configured as full H-bridges to drive the motor windings. The DRV8825 can supply up to 2.5-A peak or 1.75-A RMS output current (with proper heatsinking at 24 V and 25°C).
A simple step/direction interface allows easy interfacing to controller circuits. Pins allow configuration of the motor in full-step up to 1/32-step modes. Decay mode is programmable. Internal shutdown functions are provided for overcurrent protection, short circuit protection, undervoltage lockout and overtemperature. The DRV8825 is available in a 28-pin HTSSOP package with PowerPAD (Eco-friendly: RoHS & no Sb/Br).
- PWM Microstepping Motor Driver
- Built-In Microstepping Indexer
- Five-Bit Winding Current Control Allows
- Up to 32 Current Levels
- Low MOSFET On-Resistance
- 2.5-A Maximum Drive Current at 24 V, 25°C
- Built-In 3.3-V Reference Output
- 8.2-V to 45-V Operating Supply Voltage Range
- Thermally Enhanced Surface Mount Package
- Automatic Teller Machines
- Money Handling Machines
- Video Security Cameras
- Office Automation Machines
- Gaming Machines
- Factory Automation