Laser Cutter Notes
Bright-VikBot or a good name.
Laser Light Sources
~45 sealed CO2 laser ...
- comercial 'naked' diodelaser with [email protected] and 0.1mm atached glass fibre: ~230 Euros (in quantities above 5 pcs).
- turnkey-system with [email protected], a visible red pilot-laser and jack for the glass fibre: ~1000 Euros (in quantities above 5 pcs).
- CO2-lasertube ... sealed (RF) or 'naked' glass-tube
- diode-laser ... best with atached glass fibre (=pigtailed)
2. beam-feeding optics:
- mirrors for CO2-laser
- glass fibre (or lenses and mirrors) for diode-laser
3. focussing optics:
- Germanium- or ZnSe-lens for CO2-laser ... concave mirror is possible too
- 'normal' optical lenses for diode-laser
- mostly monolithic PS, good when below 40 Volts for RF-CO2-lasers, 'naked' and DIY-CO2-tubes need above 1000 Volts
- constant-current-driver (e.g. more LM317 in parallel)
5. output-power controller:
- embedded in RF-CO2-lasers - mostly TTL-input capable of switching the laser output with some ten kHz
- current-modulation and/or PWM-switching for diode-lasers until some kHz
- AOM (AcoustoOpticalModulator) for diode-laser switching until some hundred kHz
- Nitrogen tank or clean dry compressed air.
Health and Safety
Laser-goggles are essential when working with lasers!
Fumes and vapours are extremely toxic and carcinogenic!
When using inert (and other) gases in an enclosed room you have to test for leakage or monitor the oxygen-concentration in the room.