关于复制技术的 篇章, 沉思, 和随笔
- Genesis Adrian Bowyer在他开始项目去实现他最初想法前写下此篇文章。阐述了RepRap项目的来历以及项目假如实现了将会对世界产生如何的影响。
- John von Neumann and the Universal Constructor - RepRap is a form of Universal Constructor. A Universal Constructor is a machine that can copy itself. The idea was originally von Neumann's.
- Technical, Biomimetic, and Economic aspects of RepRap - This is a reprint of AdrianBowyer's keynote address on RepRap at the Seventh National Conference on Rapid Design, Prototyping & Manufacturing, at the Centre for Rapid Design and Manufacture in High Wycombe in June 2006.
- Chinese Growth Hurdles toward a New Great Wall - An analysis by ForrestHiggs of the likely impact of RepRap on future Chinese industrial growth, looking at parallels with the growth of nineteenth-century mechanised agriculture in the USA.
- Aesthetics - The stylistic effects that RepRap may have on product design and architecture.
- Why Accountants are Dull and Guitarists are Glamourous - The End of Intellectual Property - This is an article by Adrian Bowyer on the evolutionary psychology of human creativity and how RepRap may facilitate an aspect of it that could eliminate intellectual property. It originally appeared in The TCT Magazine volume 15, issue 3, p33 in June 2007.
Fallacy follows from the assumption that Adrian is intelligent
Hilariously a bunch of intelligent design loonies have latched onto RepRap in the forlorn hope that it will boost their cause. In one or two places they approach (but don't quite hit) the argument, "Adrian Bowyer designed a self-replicating machine. Adrian Bowyer is intelligent*. Therefore all self-replicating machines need an intelligent designer." They have clearly never heard of the fallacy of propositional logic called affirming the consequent.
- An unestablished conjecture...
-- Main.AdrianBowyer - 26 Jul 2006