RAMPS Interface Board
The RAMPS Interface Board (RIB) is designed to sit between Due and RAMPS to perform level-shifting, and any other needed functions.
Source files are hosted at github. Schematic for v0.1
A prototype has been built, but there are some major issues:
- gate drivers are not suitable
- The surface mount connectors are quite expensive
This project has been shelved in favour of RAMPS-FD which is compatible with Due and Mega, and has more features than RAMPS and can take advantage of the increased performance of the Due.
- 3.3V/5V level translations for endstops and UART TX/RX
- gate drivers for RAMPS MOSFETs
- The analog inputs need to be routed to different pins on the Due, as it has less analog channels than Mega