Have you joined the secret cabal yet? reprap-dev: the friendly but technical and technical but friendly mailing list.
All of us official developers hide in an an open mailing list called reprap-dev.
If you're reading this, then you are definitely an official developer!
Please Log In and Edit
RepRap Map link.
Arbitrarily: 7pm Tuesday every other week, starting with the second Tuesday in January. (edit this)
Nearby Robot Hobby Clubs
Keyword searches to help you find Geek Groups Meetups
(keywords: your town, artist-run center, artbot, barcamp, dorkbot, experimental media, ham radio, linux, arduino, blender, circuit bending, RC aircraft, rocketry, cnc, etc.) This will require a few google searches, where you enter your town and one of the keywords above into the following string: "Your Town" keyword (meetup OR meeting OR group OR club OR society OR workshop OR hobby) [dorkbot.org] [www.arduino.cc]
- Local/Nearest FabLab or Techshop,
- Community College with a Machine Shop that people can use?
- CNC Group Meetups on cnczone.com or otherwise
Official RepRap Suppliers
Local Shops may be better or worse than buying from online retailers. This depends on your local shops and what you're getting. Stepper motors you'll want to get online, steel rod - perhaps not. Fasteners, it depends. You may want to check your yellow pages to look these up, as opposed to online.
- Local Steel Suppliers (e.g. Construction suppliers)
- Local Bearing Suppliers (Skateboard Shop)
- Local Fastener Suppliers
- Local Electronics Suppliers
- Local Machine Tool/Industrial Supply, (Occasionally unwelcome to hobbyists, but who knows?)
- Local Electronics Surplus Shop
You may want to check: http://www.repairfaq.org
- Local Jeweler's Supply Shop
(For all those tiny drill bits for the nozzles.)
Disclaimer: We should have called the RUGs RepRap Developer Groups in honor of the fact that
- Everyone is a developer.
- People keep stuffing neat new machines into the RUG forums, rather than into the wiki. (Arrrggh!)
If you are reading this, you're a reprap developer, not a "user". Please join reprap-dev, our technical but friendly and friendly but technical mailing list. Thank you. --Sebastien Bailard 06:55, 21 April 2011 (UTC)