Welcome to the State College RepRap User's Group Wiki!
- Our meetings are on the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month at 7pm at The Make Space, downtown in the alley behind Green Bowl and the Fraser Street garage.
- Thank you for visiting our page. We are a group of RepRap users based out of Penn State & the State College area. We participate in designing new parts and improvements for RepRap and have created a new merging of the Mendel and Prusa RepRap designs which we call the Open Hybrid Mendel, or OHM for short. We also are developing the RepRap Mullis as a low-cost laboratory robot capable of preforming DNA amplification via a polymerase chain reaction.
- Our project is combined with class offerings at Penn State, so if you are interested and attend PSU be sure to contact us for information!
- Click here for a tutorial on how conduct a print with a RepRap Mendel!
- Submit your creations to the print service (beta version)
For what used to be new, check PSU RUG History.
- 04.29.14 College of Engineering Design Showcase at The Bryce Jordan Center, more info can be found here.
- 12.12.13 College of Engineering Design Showcase at The Bryce Jordan Center, more info can be found here.
- 04.25.13 Printer showcase in the Engineering Design Expo at the Bryce Jordan Center.
- 12.13.12 Printer showcase in the Engineering Design Expo at the Bryce Jordan Center.
- 11.28.12 Samantha Yuhas had her article about EDSGN 497D published in Onward State.
- 11.12.12: Participation in the PSU Hackathon.
- 9.17.12: Prior newslines archived.
This is the working area of PSU RUG, which the room 312 of Hammond Building of Penn State. Most of the printers are placed in this area.
This is the status board of some of the printers. Check this first before using any printers.
Projects & Exceptional Edits
|Paste extruder||An OHM compatible pressurize air based paste extruder.|
|Stepper-motor camera||A system to take picture of an object being printed.|
|Solidworks OHM||Fully assembled OHM in SolidWorks.|
|Mullis||Open Source PCR machine.|
|Hot Tip||Hot Tip project.|
|Base Plate||Base Plate project.|
|TechZone Projects||Projects from TechZone we have completed or plan on undertaking.|
|Razor Blade Designs||These are designs for razorblade holders designed by our 497D class.|
|Pen Plotter||A design for a universal pen holder. STL files posted.|
|CAD files||Posting Page for CAD files.|
|Dual Extruder||Development of a dual extrusion system for existing machines.|
|Waste Reclamation System||Discussion on recycling print material.|
|Stepper Paste Extruder||Development of paste extruder driven by a stepper motor.|
|Vertex Parametrization||Development of OpenSCAD code for variable-angle vertices.|
|Printed Quadcopter||Printed Quadcopter project.|
|3D Scanning||Replicating objects using a 3D scanner.|
|Printing Instructions||The users' guide for Penn State's 3D printers.|
- Calibrating Printer
- Full Rod Cut List
- PCB Design using RepRap
- Good Skeinforge primer
- Skeinforge PLA Profile
- Gen6 SF Settings
- All About Patents
- Tips for Printing with RepSnapper
- Teacup Firmware
- DIY PCBs toner transfer method
- Our RUG's QR Code
- A Skeinforge Profile
- Troubleshooting Guide
- Media Timeline
- Penn State Print Service