Welcome to the State College RepRap User's Group Wiki!
- Thank you for visiting our page. We are a group of RepRap users based out of Penn State and participate in developing new parts and improvements for RepRap and have created a new merging of the Mendel and Prusa RepRap designs which we call the Open Hybrid Mendel, or OHM for short.
- Our project is combined with class offerings at Penn State, so if you are interested and attend PSU be sure to contact us for information!
- Our Fall 2012 course is posted as EDSGN 497D It is 80% hands on build & test and redesign, but some students may focus on making models for design teams in design courses. If both sections have filled, and you are still interested in participating, please contact "nospamdbs198 atnospam psu.edu nospam". The contact email has been masked in an effort to foil spambots and ineligible undergraduates.
For what used to be new, check PSU RUG History.
- 9.17.12: Archived news 3+ months older. More news should be posted soon!
All information about our electronics that we use, including firmware can be found here.
Anything and everything that deals with software will be here eventually. (WIP)
REPSNAPPER: Here is a basic video tutorial to help you get started!
Members, Projects & Exceptional Edits
Copy and edit one of the below names to your own handle to add yourself to our membership list:
|Waste Reclamation System||Discussion on recycling print material.|
|TechZone Projects||Projects from TechZone we have completed or plan on undertaking.|
|3D Scanner Projects||Info page for 3D scanner in 305 Hammond.|
|Imperial Reprap SAE||Discussion on using imperial parts instead of metric.|
|Z Opto Holder||A design for a holder for the Z-opto. STL files posted.|
|Pen Plotter||A design for a universal pen holder. STL files posted.|
|CAD files||Posting Page for CAD files|
|Dual Extruder||Progress blog on dual extruder development|
|Mullis||Open Source PCR machine|
|Stepper Paste Extruder||Development of paste extruder driven by a stepper motor|
|Vertex Parametrization||Development of OpenSCAD code for variable-angle vertices|
Our Prototyping Systems
|Operating Specifications (Update info on individual pages)|
|Beta||Wood||.35mm||220C||Open Hybrid Mendel||RAMPS||Marlin|
|Black||Black||.35mm||220C||Open Hybrid Mendel||RAMPS||Marlin|
|White||White||.35mm||Hot Tip: 205C Bed: 55C||Open Hybrid Mendel||RAMPS 1.4||Marlin|
|Clear||Clear||.35mm||220C||Open Hybrid Mendel||RAMPS||Marlin|
|Yellow & Green||Yellow & Green||.40mm||185C||Open Hybrid Mendel||RAMPS||Marlin|
|[email protected]||[email protected] V2|
- Full Rod Cut List
- PCB Design using RepRap
- Good guide to Skeinforge
- Good Skeinforge primer
- Skeinforge PLA Profile
- Gen6 SF Settings
- All About Patents
- Plugins for Sketchup file to export .stl
- AccuTrans3D (trial version) stl file editor and save
- Tips for Printing with RepSnapper
- Teacup Firmware
- DIY PCBs toner transfer method
- Our RUG's QR Code
- A Skeinforge Profile